Penny's Passion: Weekending - The One Before Christmas

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Weekending - The One Before Christmas

Hello!  This weekend should have been the one that was packed with Christmas preparedness.  But, quite frankly, it just wasn't.  I caught a horrible cold last week that really wiped me out.  On Wednesday I was only at work for 35 minutes and decided to go back home.  So last week was pretty much a wash for me and I had a lot of catching up to do!  Instead I found myself spending much of my weekend reminiscing of when Ian was a little guy.


I have to admit, without little ones around it's hard not to feel like I'm missing out on a lot of fun.  I miss the Santa Breakfasts, school holiday programs, room parties, advent calendar.  Even as Ian got older and I didn't have many of the mentioned things, I still looked forward to him coming home from college and cooking all his favorite foods.  The house is just SOOOO quiet these days.  So, for all of you out there with little kiddos driving you crazy -- cherish the moments!  I know it's cliche, but those years will truly be gone before you know it and you'll be sitting in your quiet house wishing you had some of the craziness back.



Friday night I was exhausted!  Eric and I opened the mail from the week (I know, I'm horrible at letting it stack up all week).  It was so fun to see everyone's Christmas cards!  I just love watching the kids change and grow.  We capped off the evening by laying on the couch watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and eating pizza.

Saturday morning I did some quick shopping online while still in bed.  Amazon Prime to the rescue!  I have a 30-day free trial.  Verdict is still out if I'll keep the service or cancel, but Saturday I was LOVING it!!  If you have Amazon Prime, what do you think of it?  I would love to hear from you.  I was also able to finish I project for my friend Tracy -- look at these adorable pillowcases with names on them.  She scored the fabric from Pick Your Plum.



A total of one package is wrapped at my house.  If you're Kayden, you're in luck.  Sorry everyone else -- hopefully I'll get your present wrapped before Thursday.

                                 

Eric got to see Santa on Sunday.  Hope he told him what I'm wanting for Christmas!!


Hope you are more ready for your holidays than I am mine -- I still have a few days to pull this together, right?!?  I'm sure it will all come together in the end.  

Check out what others were up to this weekend.





22 comments:

  1. I have quite a lot of stuff left to do and no time to do it! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are 7 & 10 and I know I am going to miss all the hustle and bustle when they are older. I should try to enjoy it more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have kids, but always love being around my nieces and nephews because they do just have this aura of excitement that makes it all the more fun the whole season

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do like Amazon but not a fan of what they have done with the prize a whopping £70

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, this year I did most of my shopping on Amazon Prime.. it's pretty much taking over the world, lol. Anyhoo, I found you page through a fellow blogger.. just wanted to stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you stopped by my blog and dropped me a line sometime! www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did most of my shopping on amazon as well!!! I love free shipping with prime and being able to avoid the crowds lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss having babies around the house as well. I can't wait to see them on Christmas all grown up though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazon prime is the best! I had the 3 month student trail back when I was in college and as soon as I graduated I signed up for the 30 day trial. It was wonderful and I always got packages within 2 days. I really want to keep it because I do shop at Amazon frequently but I really don't want to pay the $90!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Kayden is the lucky one this year. Fab pillow cases with names! Loved the whole lot of CHristmas pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better! We absolute love Amazon Prime at our house. There are sometimes where we will order some one afternoon and have by the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Amazon Prime! Such a great program. Those pillow cases are awesome! I love how there is one for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really a hard transition when kids grow up and we get to miss their innocent noise. It's nice that you have a lot of good memories to come back to during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how cutee!! awww I LOVE those pillows! Adorable and so cutee :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pillows, they're absolutely adorable! I feel like I'm hardly ready for the holidays too. I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how adorable the pillows look, I too am on amazon prime trial (2nd one) but so far not impressed again I think I am gonna cancel because it's really not that much different especially when it comes for delivery for me they said next day got it 4 days later plus the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pillows! The kid pictures are very cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well, being sick at Christmastime is one of the worst things. The pillows are such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the first year I haven't had kids living at home around Christmas. While I enjoy the quiet a lot of the time, I miss having them here and seeing their excitement about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you still had a great Holiday even if you got sick a few days before it. I hope you're already feeling well today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. christmas with little ones around is the best! i'm lucky i have little nieces and nephews to watch have the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christmas is definitely for the kids. They're already naturally joyful, so their presence just gives this joyful time of a year an extra boost. Good times! :)

    www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

    ReplyDelete