Penny's Passion: Weekending - September 22, 2017

Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekending - September 22, 2017

What - the weekend is over?!?  I swear it was just Friday a blink of an eye ago!  Here's what went down around our house ~

After seeing Billy Joel on Thursday night, - which was FANTASTIC by the way - I was kind of dragging on Friday.  I met up with some girl friends Friday night for dinner and drinks at our friend Sherri's house.  She whipped up a great salad and flatbreads for us to munch on.  Isn't catching up with friends the best!  It was the perfect way to spend a relaxing Friday night.


Saturday morning Eric and I rolled out of bed, got ready and headed out for the day.  We did our Saturday morning movie thing and saw American Assassin.  Both us rated the movie a 4 out of 5.  Lots of action and kept us engaged.




After the movie, we made our way to The Shaved Duck for lunch.  It had been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and on our list to visit for a while.  Indoor and outdoor seating is available, but since it was in the 90s we chose to sit inside.  The atmosphere was very easygoing with a guitarist playing in the background.  We ordered cornbread for an appetizer.  Eric had the pick two meat platter and I ordered the pulled pork sandwich.  Eric choose the meatloaf and burnt ends for his two meats -- the meatloaf was fantastic!  For sides, we devoured the macaroni and cheese and brussel sprouts.  All of it was great!


We decided we had a little room left for dessert and since Clementine's wasn't that far away, we added that stop before going home.  Clementine's Naughty and Nice Creamery offers regular and boozy ice cream creations.  Guys, their ice cream is SOOOOO good!



I spent the rest of Saturday crafting and loved every minute of it!  My first Etsy sale is packed and ready to ship out.


On Sunday I was really looking forward to church.  Every year at Enjoy Church they have a "At The Movies" series.  They do excerpts from a movie and tie it in to bible verses.  It's so relatable!  This week the movie was Collateral Beauty.  Now I want to watch the entire movie!  As a bonus, we get to eat popcorn in church.  If this sounds like a church service you would enjoy, please join us.  There are three more weeks in the "At The Movies" series and services are held in Alton and O'Fallon, Illinois.


The rest of the day I spent getting ready for the week ahead.  I know it's crazy, but I always feel like a rock star if I have a meal plan and my laundry done come Monday morning.  This week I'm going to be rockin' it!  Hope you are too!

7 comments:

  1. My church does fun sermons and whatnot like yours and I love it. It makes church fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hearing about fun new places to eat in St. Louis, I always add them to my list for the next time we visit our relatives down there! The Shaved Duck sounds like our cup of tea, so I'll be sure that we go there!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard good things about that movie, and I know my husband would love it so we may have to try and get to in while it's still in the theater!
    Shaved Duck sounds SO good. We love BBQ here, and if it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, it's got to be good!!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason and I so want to see Billy Joel. I think it would be amazing. I miss crafting. I think I need get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That At the Movies series sounds intriguing! Glad you had such a nice weekend. I saw the second Kingsman movie and loved it.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a great weekend. I really want to watch American Assassin. I've heard from lots of people that it's a good movie.

    ReplyDelete