Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - December 7, 2017

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - December 7, 2017

Happy Thursday!  We've almost made it to the weekend.  Hang in there - we can do it!

Thanks for stopping by Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  Today, like many of you, I'm thinking about the upcoming holidays.  Even though I feel fairly together this year, there's still a bazillion things I need to get through on my to-do list.  Let's face it, no matter how many articles you read about how to have a stress free holiday, you are going to have moments (sometimes even DAYS) where tension and stress creep in.  My philosophy - have a few tricks up your sleeve to deal with the stress.


It's important for all of us to figure out a few things that makes our stress melt away.  For some people it's yoga or meditation.  But if you just don't have time to get to your favorite yoga class, here's a few ideas that are good alternatives that just take a few minutes ~

I love popping one of these tablets in my morning shower.  The soothing lavender aroma fills the air and my tension evaporates from my body.  I start the day with a sense of calm.  Need some to help start your day feeling pampered?  Click HERE to purchase.  These are also pretty wonderful if you are congested.  


5-Minute Break
Sometimes taking a 5-minute break can be just what you need to let go of the stress in your body.  Heat one of these reusable eye masks up in the microwave for 30 seconds, place over eyes and take a few deep breaths.   It's going to become your new BFF!  They can also be placed in the freezer for a refreshing cold mask.  Click HERE to get one for yourself.


Look at Pictures
Do you have some pictures in your life that make you smile every single time you look at them?  Get them out!!  Take a second to truly look at the picture and let your mind go back to the moment the picture was captured.  Makes you feel instantly better!


What are some things you do to ease the stress in your day?  Hope you find some little ways to make the stress of the holidays more bearable and allow you to enjoy the season. 

Now it's your turn -- what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share with us.  Oh - and one more thing - next Thursday the link up is going to be about sharing your Christmas trees.  Hope you join us and show off your trees!

5 comments:

  1. These are all great tips! It can definitely be a stressful time of the year. I'm so curious about that eye mask and those tablets now.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find those shower tablets! I like to unwind with a bath when I can, but sometimes I only have time for a shower and aromatherapy would be awesome. Looking at pictures make me smile too.
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want both the shower tablets and that mask. They both sound wonderful! Looking at pictures with my boys also makes me happy and less stressed. Also, exercising is a great thing to help me get rid of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd feel less stressed if I knew what else to surprise Keith with for a present. What do you get a man who usually buys himself what he wants, when he wants, and who has just about everything?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tips. I only feel stressed when I am around people who have crazy agendas.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete