Penny's Passion: Let's Make Basil-Parmesan Salmon in the Air Fryer

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Let's Make Basil-Parmesan Salmon in the Air Fryer

As promised from my weekending post, today I'm sharing the mouth-watering salmon recipe I picked up from Gina over at SkinnyTaste.  After seeing how easy this dish is to make, you might just find yourself racing to the store to buy the ingredients!


Let me start by saying I wish I'd found the SkinnyTaste website sooner!  It's been around since 2008 - where have I been?!?  Gina finds all kinds of ways to cook healthy dishes without sacrificing the flavor.  If you haven't visited SkinnyTaste, definitely add it to your list of things to do.  You won't be sorry!

To take it one step further, I joined the Facebook group SkinnyTaste:  What's Cooking Tonight.  Oh.My.Goodness - so many helpful hints and ideas!

Now back to the recipe I am sharing today ~

Here's What You Need
Olive Oil Spray
4 Salmon Fillets, skinned removed
1/2 Lemon
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise (Yes, mayonnaise - no substitution)
6 Fresh Basil Leaves, minced (More for garnishing if you want to be fancy)
3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese


Here's What You Do
Note:  I chose to make this dish in our air fryer, but it can also be accomplished in the oven.  Oven instructions listed in the last step.

Preheat air fryer to 400F.  Give the basket a little spray of olive oil.


Season the salmon with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Mix the mayonnaise with basil and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.

Spread the mixture over the top of the salmon.  Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.


Air fry 7 minutes or longer if you have really thick salmon pieces.  If you're baking yours in the oven, bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


The salmon literally melts in your mouth!  We loved the subtle taste of basil mixing with the salmon and cheese.  Hope you do too!


Shop The Post


So that's what I'm thinking out loud about today.  What's on your mind?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really delicious! I make a similar version of chicken and my boys just devour it. I can't wait to try it on salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made this tonight; I doubled the recipe and did 4 small pieces of fish and 4 chicken tenderloins for the boys. It even smelled delicious as it was cooking!

      Delete
  2. This looks SO delicious. Skinnytaste is one of my go to websites for recipes - and I love her cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing it. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete