Penny's Passion: Let's Make Cranberry Chicken

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Let's Make Cranberry Chicken

Does it seem like you are doing a lot more cooking these days?  That is precisely what I'm thinking out loud about today!

I dug out some of my old recipes recently and ran across this quick, easy and delicious Cranberry Chicken recipe.  It's so good, I just have to share it with you!


Here's What You Need
4-6 Chicken Breast
1 can Whole Cranberry Sauce
3/4 cup French Dressing
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix


Here's What You Do
In a gallon-size plastic bag, dump the can of whole cranberry sauce.  Pour in the French dressing and add the envelope of onion soup mix.  


Close the bag and squish it around to combine all the ingredients.  If you have the time and patience, this could be a great task for a kiddo to help with.  

Add in the chicken and squish some more.  At this point, I usually like to let this set in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.  If you're in a hurry, you can skip this waiting.  


When you're ready to bake, place the contents of the bag in a baking dish and place in a preheated 400-degree oven.  Let it bake for 30-40 minutes.  The chicken should be 165 degrees when finished.


That's it!  I told you it was easy!  If you want to make a pack or two ahead of time, it freezes great.  You can just pop the bag with all the ingredients in the freezer for a future dinner.  Then when you want to have it for dinner you just have to defrost and bake.  This is also one of those recipes I like to freeze and give to a friend who just had a baby or is recuperating.


Enjoy!

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! I’m linking up today with WHO ARE YOU BLOGGING FOR? PART 1 OF 5 and I invite you to check out my 2 current link parties, one is themed, the other is any topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! I'm heading to the store today and I am adding cranberry sauce and french dressing to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're making parm. chicken tonight and I thawed out 6 extra breasts and just put them in this marinade to cook up tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This DOES sound delicious. Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that tastes so delicious and I like how easy it is to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so very yummy. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week. Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and sounds yummy! I love quick, easy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine this is a very sweet and tangy chicken and so very delicious. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so scrumptious. Going to add the ingredients to my shopping list for next time I venture out.

    ReplyDelete