Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - September 10, 2020

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - September 10, 2020

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  First, can we just acknowledge that it's hard to believe we are already 10 days into September?  What the heck!  This has truly been the most bizarre year.  Day to day can seem so slow, but the months are flipping over so quickly.  

Eric and I are just back from a week at the beach and it's hard to stop thinking about what a great time we had.  We would get up in the morning, have breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean, and then casually make our way to the beach.  The day consisted of watching the crabs, birds, and dolphins.  Reading - lots of reading!  We cooked our own meals and spent the evenings watching the sunset then binging a show on television.  Nothing fancy.  But it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had!

I packed a few things from home to make our stay a little better and I thought I'd share them today ~

Because we knew we wouldn't be hitting up any restaurants due to COVID, I planned our meals before we left and took all our food with us.  We have fallen completely in love with our indoor grill and it made the trip with us.  If you don't have one of these babies, put it on your Christmas list right now!  We cooked steaks, brats, and hamburgers on it while we were on vacation.  The best part is the cleanup.  The whole thing comes apart and goes in the dishwasher.  

I'm super sensitive to laundry detergent, so I packed a set of sheets to put on the bed when we arrived.  I figured as long as I was packing the sheets, I might as well pack my Lavender Moon Pillow Mist too!  A couple of squirts of this lavender-scented mist on our pillows and I'm immediately mellow.  I might even buy a bottle exclusively for my suitcase so I always have it when we travel.

Before we left, I picked up two real books.  Kindle reading is wonderful at night when my bedroom lights are out and I want to read a bit before bed.  But when I'm in the bright sun, I would rather have a real paper book in my hands.  The two accompanying me were Big Summer and Summer of '69.  (Notice the "summer" theme.)  Both were great!  


It always feels like a vacation when you can pop a cocktail in the middle of the afternoon.  We took Cayman Jack's Cuban Mojitos and Margaritas with us.  Have you tried them?  They are scrumptious!


We are back to reality this week, but still have the glow from the beach in our hearts.  I might have even checked availability for later this year at the condo we stayed in.  Sometimes it helps to dream a little!  


Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. My thoughts for today for you are: do you pass your books onto friends or family, or even sell them? My family passes them around to anyone who is interested. I love a good book and like you, sometimes prefer a hard or paperback book over a Kindle download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach vacation sounds like it was so nice and relaxing. Taking the mini grill was a great idea and those drinks sound great too. This was the first year we didn't take a beach vacation due to Covid-19. Hopefully next summer will be back to normal. Have a nice day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glow on your faces!
    Glow in your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful vacation. It is getting weirder here as the sun has been blacked out because of the smoke from the wildfires. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to get away. One day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve that indoor grill! I had a George Foreman grill years ago which I loved using but I did not the cleanup afterward--this one sounds much easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. The Top 10 rakes for autumn cleanup have been carefully chosen to provide unparalleled efficiency in handling autumn debris, such as fallen leaves and more, simplifying your seasonal tasks. For more info, visit our website.

    Best leaf rakes for efficient cleaning

    ReplyDelete