Penny's Passion: Weekending - October 16, 2020

Monday, October 19, 2020

Weekending - October 16, 2020

Happy Monday!  I'm convinced there really aren't enough days in a weekend.  We strive to make the very most out of ours.  Sometimes we succeed and sometimes we fall short.  This was one of those that was definitely a success!  Here's the rewind of some of the highlights ~

On Friday, Eric had a scheduled medical procedure that restricted him from driving, so I took off work to be his chauffeur.  He whizzed through the appointment and we had lunch at a newly opened restaurant, Drake's.   We have been eyeing this place for a few weeks, but because of the crowd sizes there in the evenings, we have been avoiding going.  Friday afternoon was optimal and we were able to walk right in.  We called our son and he was able to join us.  A perfect way to start the weekend!

We took advantage of being home and decided to watch a movie.  I boldly choose The Secrets We Keep.  It was a bad choice.  Neither of us loved it, or really even liked it.  Have you seen it?  Did we miss something?


Thank goodness, our son and daughter-in-law invited us over to have a glass of wine in front of the firepit.  They saved the evening!  

Saturday morning Eric headed off to work and I got the first coat of paint on the dresser from our closet.  Oh, the ongoing closet project!  Still not done - but it is a little closer.  Who knew the smallest room in our house would take weeks to organize!

Kayla and I had a planned shopping trip to one of our favorite bakeries, La Patisserie Chouquette.  During these covid times, you have to place your order online and they sell out super fast.  Thankfully I was up bright and early and we got our entire order filled!  In October, Chouquette celebrates with a Harry Potter theme.  So adorable!


We browsed around the shops in the neighborhood and it felt almost normal to be out and about.  Our next stop was Ikea and I wasn't sure how long that was going to take which is the only thing that stopped me from buying half the flowers on this adorable flower cart!


Our Ikea stop was very productive.  I think I finally have all the containers and such that I need to finish the closet project.  When we got home I put a second coat of paint on the dresser and now I'm just waiting for the paint to cure before I apply the rub-on design to the front.  The scented drawer liners should be here this week and then I'm only waiting on the paper to put on the side of the drawers and I can put a wrap on the dresser project.  I'm excited to do a reveal post when it's 100% finished!

Sunday we had Ian and Kayla over for brunch.  It was the perfect excuse to set a pretty table.



I might have gotten a little overzealous with the menu.  We had enough food to feed the entire neighborhood!  But it was fun planning and cooking, so I'm giving myself a pass.   I'll be sharing the recipe for the Panera Asiago cheese breakfast bake later this week.  You won't want to miss that!


We spent the afternoon relaxing in front of the fire watching football.  I even read an entire magazine in one setting!  It definitely felt like fall.  


Now Monday is here and I'm going into the week with a long to-do list.  These past few weeks it seems I haven't gotten a lot done during weekday evenings.  My goal is to turn that around this week.  Plopping down in front of the tv when I get home and not really doing anything productive doesn't make me feel good.  

Do you have big plans this week?  It's a new week - let's be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Did ikea feel empty to you? I had gone a few weeks ago and found nothing, it wasn't stocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see that recipe; it looks delicious and your table is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I think weekends should last 3 or 4 days. hehehe You're right there just aren't enough days in the weekend.
    It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I've not heard of The Secrets We Keep. I will be sure to give it a miss.
    Your table does look really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete