Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - July 22, 2022

Friday, July 22, 2022

Five on Friday - July 22, 2022

Here we are - Friday at last!  It's been a week.  I'm ready to share my five and start the weekend ~

1.  Sonic's Fried Pickles    
I'm not really sure how I missed this, but Sonic has added fried pickles to their menu!  I love fried pickles and the thought of being able to grab an order through a drive-through has me more than a little excited.  Now I can get my favorite diet cherry limeade AND an order of fried pickles all in one place.  Can it get any better?!?


Is it too early to start putting items on my birthday wish list when my birthday isn't until November?  I think not!  Look at these adorable flats from Amazon.  They are getting great reviews and I'm pretty sure I need them. They come in a ton of colors, so maybe I need more than one pair.


3.  National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
Bust out the vanilla ice cream tomorrow and celebrate - it's National Vanilla Ice Cream Day!  Vanilla is the second most favorite flavor of ice cream in the US.  Guess what's the number one.  Chocolate.  Years ago I shared my favorite vanilla homemade ice cream recipe.  You can find it HERE.  I also love, love, love my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.  I've linked it below in case you're in the market to make some homemade ice cream at your house.


This week I read an entire book in a day and a half, which is saying something because I'm a pretty slow reader.  Colleen Hoover's book Reminders of Him grabbed my attention and held it through every page.  It's free right now on Kindle Unlimited.  Here's the summary ~
After serving five years in prison for a tragic mistake, Kenna Rowan returns to the town where it all went wrong, hoping to reunite with her four-year-old daughter. But the bridges Kenna burned are proving impossible to rebuild. Everyone in her daughter’s life is determined to shut Kenna out, no matter how hard she works to prove herself.

The only person who hasn’t closed the door on her completely is Ledger Ward, a local bar owner and one of the few remaining links to Kenna’s daughter. But if anyone were to discover how Ledger is slowly becoming an important part of Kenna’s life, both would risk losing the trust of everyone important to them.

The two form a connection despite the pressure surrounding them, but as their romance grows, so does the risk. Kenna must find a way to absolve the mistakes of her past in order to build a future out of hope and healing.

5.  What's for lunch...

Enjoy the weekend!  We are honoring a dear friend tonight at his celebration of life.  After a very courageous battle with cancer, he left us last week way too soon.  I'm also getting ready for our second of the season Bachelorette viewing party on Monday night.  Hope to see you back next week.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Reminders of Him too! I keep a wishlist going (okay like 5 wishlists-- clothing, books, crafting supplies/ideas, household decor & then gift ideas for others) year round on Amazon so I don't think it's ever too early to add something to a list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I saw the Fried Pickles on their app! I had to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminders of Him was good but It Ends with Us and November 9 are my favorites of hers. Like you, I have a hard time being "captured" by a book. Another excellent one along those lines is One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It starts out something like, "I sat down to dinner with my fiance and his family when my phone rings. I check it and it is my husband."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...Bach thoughts? I'm so so with it.

    ReplyDelete