Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - August 5, 2022

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Five on Friday - August 5, 2022

Happy Friday!  Glad you stopped by for Five on Friday today.  

1.  Back to School Tax Holidays
Back to school is right around the corner.  Several states are hosting a tax holiday to help save on all the items you might need like computers, clothes, and school supplies.  In Missouri, you can even get your graphing calculators (up to $150) tax-free!  Check your state's department of revenue website to get all the limits and details.
2.  Bullet Train
Brad Pitt's latest movie releases today and it's going straight on my watch list.  We've seen the previews and I'm more excited about seeing it than Eric is, but I'm sure he'll be happy to go with me.  Here's the summary from Rotten Tomatoes ~
In Bullet Train, Brad Pitt stars as Ladybug, an unlucky assassin determined to do his job peacefully after one too many gigs gone off the rails. Fate, however, may have other plans, as Ladybug's latest mission puts him on a collision course with lethal adversaries from around the globe -- all with connected, yet conflicting, objectives -- on the world's fastest train. From the director of Deadpool 2, David Leitch, the end of the line is only the beginning in a wild, non-stop thrill ride through modern-day Japan.

3.  National Friendship Day
Sunday is National Friendship Day!  Make it a point to let your friends know how much you appreciate them.  A simple text is enough to brighten someone's day.  Here's a little history of this holiday ~
National Friendship Day was originally founded by Hallmark in 1919. It was intended to be a day for people to celebrate their friendship by sending each other cards. However, by 1940 the market had dried up, and eventually, it died out completely. Then, in 1998 Winnie the Pooh was named the world’s Ambassador of Friendship at the United Nations. In April 2011, the United Nations officially recognized 30th July as International Friendship Day; although most countries celebrate on the first Sunday of August!
This week I purchased a set of Bedsure Satin Pillowcases from Amazon.  I kept seeing things about how satin pillowcases are so much cooler and better for the skin on your face.  At a weak moment, I put a pair in my Amazon cart and checked out before I changed my mind.  I'm not going to lie, I love them!  They are truly cooler and if I'm getting any benefit with my skin that will just be an added bonus.  Definitely don't have buyer's remorse on this purchase!


5.  Something to ponder...


Let's get this weekend started!  On Saturday, we are going to my hometown for the annual Old Settlers Picnic.  While there we will enjoy playing bingo, walking the cake walk, and watching the kids in the pedal tractor pull.  Sunday we're going on a little adventure.  Pop in next week to read all about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment