Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - January 27, 2023

Friday, January 27, 2023

Five on Friday - January 27, 2023

Happy Friday!  Today's a special day in our world - it's my brother's birthday!  He's the one who always gets my calls asking for help.  And I'm lucky enough that the answer is always yes.  Happy birthday Ernie!  Thanks for being a great brother.


Now, on to my five for this week ~

1.  Maybe I Do
Maybe I Do opens today and it's definitely one I want to see.  First, because it's about a wedding and second, just look at all the people in the movie!  Diane Keaton, Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon.  It sounds really cute.  Here's the synopsis from Movie Insider ~
Michelle (Roberts) and Allen (Bracey) have reached the point in their relationship where they are considering next steps. They decide to invite their parents to finally meet and to offer some understanding of why marriage works. Turns out, the parents already know one another quite well, which leads to some differing opinions about the value of marriage.

We have been getting into hiking lately.  I wanted a pair of hiking pants, but I didn't want to break the bank.  These $10 ones caught my eye on Amazon and I decided to give them a try.  I love them!  They are lightweight, will dry quickly, and has great pockets.  You might just see me wearing them for more than just hiking pants.  



3.  Valentine's Earrings
Valentine's Day will be here before you know it.  Why not get yourself a new pair of earrings to celebrate the occasion!  I've been loving the beaded earrings from Amazon.  Making a decision on which pair to get is the hard part.



4.  Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt and Pepper
If you read my post from yesterday (Let's Make a Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Pepper Confiture), you already heard me talking about the Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt and Pepper.  They hand smoke the salt and pepper using the wood from Bourbon barrels.  The sea salt is coarse grain sea salt crystals.  Both the salt and pepper add a rich, smoky flavor to your food.  So, so good!  It's an excellent way to add flavor to your meals.  


5.  My cooking habits lately...


We are on vacation next week and are so, so excited!  Follow me on Instagram or pop in next week to see where we are off to.  

1 comment: