Penny's Passion: Things I Love About Girls' Weekend

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Things I Love About Girls' Weekend

Hello!  Thanks for popping in Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  Last weekend I hosted a girls' weekend at our house.  Today I'm reflecting on some of the things I loved most about spending time with this group of friends!


Getting ready for a girls' weekend is one of my most favorite things.  Goody bags awaited the arrival of my friends.  I'm always on the lookout for fun things to throw in the bag and decorating the outside gives me an excuse to fire up my Silhouette.  



Once the design was done for the bags, I figured I might as well make nametags for the towels!


It's not everyday our toilet paper looks like this, but I love to use the excuse to do some folding when friends are coming over.


I'm always looking for a reason to bust out the china.  Moments, when we all gather around the table, feel so special.  Why not set a special table to celebrate!


The table was made a little more special by using my grandma's silver.  I use it every chance I get.  There's not a doubt in my mind that my grandma is looking down from heaven with a smile every time her silver is on my table.


Speaking of using my china - I love drinking out of the fancy teacups.  I don't always have tea or coffee in them.  This weekend it was diet cherry Pepsi and charged lemonade from Panera.  It just tasted better when it was coming from a tea cup!


There is a local baker who makes the best cookies.  I've never gotten them for just me and Eric, but love it when we're having company because it's an excuse to bring home a dozen!  


It's always fun to have cocktails!  We enjoyed all kinds of fun concoctions over the weekend.  Saturday started with mimosas and just got better and better from there!


The weekend was full of activities.  Saturday afternoon we took a cooking / wine pairing class at a local store, Fezziwig's.  


When the class was over, we enjoyed some retail therapy before dinner.  After dinner, we went to a comedy club.  Loved the comedy club!  It's one of those places I just don't think about going to very often.  That needs to change.  

On Sunday, everyone headed home.  It was such a sad feeling when they pulled away.  Having fun with friends was something I greatly missed during the pandemic and I'm so grateful we are getting back to normal.  Weekends like this one are good for my soul.  I felt more energized this week than I have in a while.  Let's face it, friends just make life better!  I'm so very lucky to have the friends I do and love it when we can be together.  Can't wait to do it again!


Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Your girls weekend looks like so much fun! I need to make more time for that sort of thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fancy and special girls weekend. It looks lovely! Thanks for hosting this linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete