Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - June 14, 2024

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Five on Friday - June 14, 2024

 Happy Friday!  So glad you popped in to see my Five on Friday post.  Let's get right to it ~

1.  Bridgerton - Season 3 Part 2
Now we can see how this season is going to end!  Part 2 of Season 3 dropped yesterday and I've cleared my calendar so I can do some binge-watching.  Will the wedding of Penelope and Colin happen?  Will Eloise ruin it all?  We shall soon see!  Who else will be glued to their television watching?

New book alert!  The Final Act of Juliette Willoughby by Ellery Lloyd came out this week and it sounds very enticing.  It's actually follow-up to the very popular book The Club.  This one is going straight on my TBR list.  Here's the summary ~
Some women won't be painted out of history . . .

Everybody knows that in 1938, runaway heiress artist Juliette Willoughby perished in an accidental studio fire in Paris, alongside her masterpiece Self Portrait As Sphinx.

Fifty years later, two Cambridge art history students are confounded when they stumble across proof that the fire was no accident but something more sinister. What they uncover threatens the very foundation of Juliette’s aristocratic family and revives rumors of the infamous curse that has haunted the Willoughbys for generations.

But what does their discovery mean? And how is it connected to a brutal murder in present-day Dubai?

A tale of love and madness, obsession and revenge, The Final Act of Juliette Willoughby unravels the riddle posed by a Sphinx who refuses to reveal her secrets . . .

A friend of mine from work always wears the cutest shoes.  When I was complimenting her on them, she said they were from Amazon and a brand named Soda.  Upon doing a little searching, look what I found - a pair of adorable boots for only $15.95.  Is that even possible?!?  Yes, they immediately went into my cart!  These Chelsea-style boots also come in so many other colors.  I have a feeling several of them will be landing in my closet.  

4.  Father's Day 
Sunday is Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.  This day recognizes not just fathers, but also the father figures in our lives.  However you are celebrating the day, I hope you are able to spend time with the father figures in your life and have a wonderful day!


5.  Lessons learned...


Have a great weekend!  I'm planning to bring out the Fourth of July decorations in between watching Bridgerton.  We will also be spending time with our son and daughter-in-law.  I see a wonderful weekend ahead!  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. I have starting watching Bridgerton, I am so late to the party. I saw Penelope in a wedding dress so I am so interested as how that happens, I've just finished the first season.
    Those boots are so cute, they look comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you go back and watch season 1? I just watched a couple of episodes of season 3 when my TV suggested it ;) But am wondering if I need to catch up on the prior seasons to get it.

      Delete