Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - July 5, 2024

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Five on Friday - July 5, 2024

Hope everyone is enjoying this 4th of July holiday!  I love having a long weekend to kick off July.  Now on to Five on Friday ~

1.  Forever Postage Stamps
On July 14 the cost of Forever postage stamps will be raised from 68 cents to 73 cents.  I like having a stockpile of stamps on hand for when I mail cards and letters.  Now is a great time to replenish my supply before the cost goes up.  If you like sending cards and letters or if you have a big project coming like save the dates or event invitations, now would be the perfect time for you to stock up too!
Liz Moore's fifth novel came out this week and it is titled The God of the Woods.  It sounds like a captivating mystery!  Who needs to add a mystery book to their summer reading?  I do!  Here's the summary ~
Early morning, August 1975: a camp counselor discovers an empty bunk. Its occupant, Barbara Van Laar, has gone missing. Barbara isn’t just any thirteen-year-old: she’s the daughter of the family that owns the summer camp and employs most of the region’s residents. And this isn’t the first time a Van Laar child has disappeared. Barbara’s older brother similarly vanished fourteen years ago, never to be found.

As a panicked search begins, a thrilling drama unfolds. Chasing down the layered secrets of the Van Laar family and the blue-collar community working in its shadow, Moore’s multi-threaded story invites readers into a rich and gripping dynasty of secrets and second chances. It is Liz Moore’s most ambitious and wide-reaching novel yet.
Our friend Sherri introduced us to these fabulous under-counter lights and we couldn't wait to get them!  We had battery-powered push-button lights before these.  We loved those, but were constantly having the change the batteries.  These are rechargeable and motion-activated!  Those two features alone make them hands down better than our old lights.  They are super simple to install and do not require any drilling or special tools.  Next - our closets maybe?


Tired of your towel falling off the back of your beach chair?  Check out these adorable bands that hold your towels in place!  They are packable and a definite upgrade from the clips I used to use.  And the patterns are so darn cute!  
5.  Something to think about...


Now let's get back to the weekend!  We're going to some friends' house Saturday night to enjoy a fireworks show.  I'm hoping to do a little organizing to set myself up for a great July!  See you next week.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea about buying the stamps before the prices go up. They are so expensive here in the UK.
    This under counter lights are such a good idea, great that they are rechargeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding us about the price of stamps going up. I am going out to stock up now! And, also, I never knew I could buy bands to hold my towel onto my beach chair! I am ordering those before our next cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder about stamps; I was just noticing on Thursday that I'm running low. I'll have to try and make it there this week. I had a pack of those towel bands on my Amazon wish list but then realized we so rarely lay out on chairs with our towels anymore. I would have loved those in my teens and twenties! :)

    ReplyDelete