Penny's Passion: Weekending - First in November

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekending - First in November

                               
Welcome, November!!  November is a busy month for my family.  We have birthdays galore -- my mother-in-law, Eric, my friend Sherri, my mom, ME.  There's Thanksgiving and Ian and Kayla's anniversary.  And this year we're popping a vacation in the mix too.  I wanted needed to make this weekend count!

After spending Friday night at Sherri's enjoying her first fire in the fireplace for the season, sipping wine and just catching up, I headed into Saturday ready to seize the day.  Friday afternoon I had called Aveda to schedule a hot stone message.  I figured it would be a few weeks before they had an opening and, as luck would have it, the call before me had been a cancellation for Saturday morning.  Woo hoo!!  That 9:45 am appointment was mine!  Have you ever had a hot stone message?  I l.o.v.e. LOVE them.  It was truly an hour of bliss.  That's how I decided to spend my extra hour this weekend (in place of the relaxing bath I talked about on Friday) -- and it was sooooo worth it.

The rest of Saturday flew by.  I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some stuff I had seen the week before to use on my Thanksgiving mantle.  Oh hey -- on November 8 I'll be linking up with Katie Elizabeth for the Thanksgiving link up party.  You might want to make sure you're following me (see over on the right -- click the "Join this site") to make sure you see all the wonderful Thanksgiving link ups.

Kayla (my DIL) stopped by Saturday afternoon.  I love spending time with her!  We chatted about the things we are going to make for a craft fair we're participating in the first of December.  We've done this show in the past and have numerous memories and stories from it.  Every year in the past we have pulled an all-nighter getting ready.  Each year we talk about planning ahead so we don't have to do that.  Yes - I am a procrastinator.  We'll see how this year goes.

Eric and I relaxed at home Saturday night and watched Million Dollar Arm.  We had missed it when in theaters and it had been on our watch list of some time.  Seen it?  Good watch.


Sunday was book club, dismantling the Halloween decorations and making some comfort food for dinner.  

I'll be sharing the recipe for the salad I blogged about here on Tuesday so hope to see you then.  Enjoy your week!

Check out what others were up to this weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a very exciting month ahead. I'm thinking about trying to sneak in a November vacation myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Growing up October was the busy month in my family. My Mom, myself and all my siblings (and a few cousins) had bdays in October (my mom and I's being on the same day ha!). Now April, May, June, and December are pretty busy (since I've extended my own family). BTW That chili.....wow! Awesome pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful weekend! A hot stone massage sounds amazing! I'll definitely have to check it out. How awesome is it that you were able to pop in so quickly due to a cancellation?! Best feeling ever! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a hot stone massage. But right now it sounds awesome simply because I'm freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Million Dollar Arm! I forgot about that movie! Now i want to go rent it haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete