Penny's Passion: Weekending - May 29, 2015

Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekending - May 29, 2015

What a pleasant weekend!  The weather wasn't the greatest -- it was a whopping 57 here today and Saturday was rainy.  But it was a great weekend to spend inside getting things done -- and I had plenty of things to catch up on inside.  So the weather was somewhat a blessing in disguise because it allowed me to focus on the things I needed to accomplish.

The weekend started with a fun night out with Tracy and Carol on Friday.  We were celebrating Tracy's birthday.  The evening started at my house with a few cocktails and giving Tracy a chance to open her presents.  We missed our friend Sherri who had a big project at work and couldn't join us. Guess we'll just have to celebrate again when she can be there.  Happy birthday, Tracy!


Wonder what's inside that wrapping paper?  Well, Carol found Tracy the perfect table for her patio area and some other goodies to go with it.  


The party moved to one of our favorite spots - Peel.  Our dinner was delicious as usual, but dessert was picture-worthy.  We shared the chocolate waffle with three different dipping sauces.  Delish!!  I must find a recipe for chocolate waffles and make these at home.



Saturday we woke to a cloudy sky and periods of pouring rain.  I also got a call mid morning notifying me that my debt card had been comprised.  WHAT?!?!  Luckily they caught it before any funds were removed from our account.  Has this ever happened to you?  It's such a drag to have to deal with.

I was helping my friend's daughter with her wedding invitations on Sunday, so most of Saturday was spent cutting paper to get ready for the final assembly.  Even though that's how I spent most of Saturday, it was a relaxing day watching the rain coming down outside.  I did make a run to Michael's to get a new blade for my paper cutter and met a new friend.  We were both eyeing the Silhouette products and started talking about how much we LOVE our machines.


After talking about my ice cream maker on my Five on Friday, I had the bug for some homemade ice cream.  So Sunday morning I got up and made a batch while waiting for Debbie and Suzy to get here to start the wedding invitation sweat shop assembly line.  It turned out great!  I'll be sharing my recipe on Tuesday.  It was just the snack we needed to keeping us energized while making the 170 invitations.


We got busy at putting the invitations together and they turned out absolutely adorable!  It's amazing how adding a little paper can add so much personality.




They turned out adorable!!  Who wouldn't love opening their mail box and finding one of these inside?!?


Sunday night Eric and I watched the movie About Time.  Have you seen it?  It wasn't bad.  Good lazy day movie to watch.  Rachel McAdams.  It's about a guy who can travel back in time and do things differently.  Very slow start, but okay ending.


And now here we are at Monday.  Hope you had a great weekend.  This is going to be a fun week -- we're seeing Jimmy Buffet on Thursday night and I can't wait!!  I also have a giveaway starting tomorrow and I'll be sharing my ice cream recipe.  See you soon!

Check out what others were up to this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. That chocolate waffle dessert looks absolutely delicious! I am so afraid of someone getting my debit card or credit card information. My bank sent my mother and I (separate bank accounts) new debit cards a few months back because they said our information might be compromised or could have been leaked or something. A friend of mine spent the night at a friend's house last weekend and while he was sleeping, someone broke into the house or something along those lines and stole his debit card and somehow emptied his bank account. That is so scary.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that waffle dessert looks amazing! And I have that same fear about my debit card too. Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of Jimmy on Thursday - we're headed out of town this weekend so couldn't get that night off of work. I'm hoping for pool weather here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those waffles look AMAZING. And I loved About Time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate waffle for dessert?! YUM!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete