Penny's Passion: Ernie and Carina Get Married - Weekend July 20, 2018

Monday, July 23, 2018

Ernie and Carina Get Married - Weekend July 20, 2018

Hello!  I've been a little MIA lately because I was busy with life.  My baby brother got married last weekend and every second I wasn't sleeping, I was working on the wedding.  Thank goodness my friend Linda arrived at my house on Wednesday night and worked right along beside me.  Our efforts (along with the help of several others) paid off and the wedding was truly lovely.


I can't wait to share the actual pictures from the photographer and videographer, but in the meantime here's a few I was able to snap and a few that were shared with me.

As you've heard me mention before, I'm from a small town in mid Missouri.  That was the location for this outdoor event and we were all so thankful that the weather cooperated!  The gazebo where the ceremony was held was the perfect place to hold a wedding.  Fun fact - it was in this exact location forty one years ago that my brother was crowned grand champion baby of our annual picnic.  


Being the perfectionist that I am, five people spent four hours on Saturday morning ironing all the chair covers.  But don't they look lovely!  At each chair, there was a fan that served as the program, bubbles and a bottles of water.  



The gorgeous bride, Carina, arrived by horse drawn carriage.  She truly looked like a princess arriving to the big event.

Image may contain: horse and outdoor

Even though we might have had a little challenge getting the flower girl and ring bearer down the aisle, they are still the cutest in my opinion.



Their ceremony was a true reflection of their love for each other.  They each wrote their own vows and lit a unity candle to symbolize the joining of the two families.


As they headed up the aisle as husband and wife, bubbles glistened and floated in the air.  It looked magical!




Image may contain: Ernie Talbot and Carina Talbot, people smiling, people standing, wedding and outdoor

The ceremony was followed by a reception held next to the gazebo.  There was dinner, cake and dancing - lots and lots of dancing!  



When the sun started to set, the guests gathered outside the dance floor to light sparklers.  I'm super excited to see the photographers pictures!  

Image may contain: text


The evening was great fun and I'm so happy to welcome Carina into our family.  She has made my brother so happy and that, in turn, makes me happy!


Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs!  Here's to wishing them years and years of happiness!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to the happy couple! I love that fan program and the sparklers are an awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your brother! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your brother and his new bride. Love the bride's dress. The idea of bottled water is a great idea for an outdoor wedding in the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Congratulations to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete