Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - Holiday Shipping Deadlines

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - Holiday Shipping Deadlines

Thanks for popping in Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  Don't forget to link up below and share what's on your mind today.

I'm doing a little thinking out loud about the looming shipping deadlines for Christmas. Fortunately, I don't have a ton of packages that have to ship, but the few I do have I would like to arrive before the big day. I also haven't even started my Christmas cards, so that's a mailing deadline I need to think about!

Here's the shipping facts I've gathered together all in one place. I hope they help you with any shipping situations you have going on!

Mailing Stuff by USPS 

The United States Postal Service has issued the below shipping deadlines.
December 8 – First-Class Mail International*
December 8 – Priority Mail International*
December 15 – Priority Mail Express International* 
*For all the International dates, I used Europe as the example.  Other countries vary.  To check other countries, visit USPS.com.
December 14 – USPS Retail Ground
December 20 – First-Class Mail
December 20 – Priority Mail
December 22 – Priority Mail Express
Sending Stuff via Federal Express

For shipping within the U.S.:

December 10 – Last day to ship via FedEx SmartPost
December 17 – Last day to ship via FedEx Home Delivery 
December 17 – Last day to ship via FedEx Ground
December 19 – Last day to ship via FedEx Express Saver
December 20 – Last day to ship via FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
December 21 – Last day to ship via FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx First Overnight

Shipping deadlines for packages headed to Puerto Rico and Canada, Mexico, and other international destinations vary. See FedEx's Last Days to Ship site for more information.

Get it there using United Parcel Service


For shipping within the U.S.:

December 20 – Last day to ship via UPS 2nd Day Air
        (delivery on Monday, December 24)
December 21 – Last day to ship via UPS Next Day Air
        (delivery on Monday, December 24)

Now it's your turn -- what you are thinking out loud about today?  Can't wait to read all about it!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the knowledge. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most useful posts I've read in a really long time- definitely saving! Thanks for gathering and sharing all this info in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shipped out all our stuff last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know! I have some packages I need to get in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info! I always dread going to the post office this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know the ship dates, Im going to try for the earliest I can.
    Thanks for hosting, hope you have a great weekend!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete