Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - September 8, 2023

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Five on Friday - September 8, 2023

Oh my goodness - this short week has seemed really long!  How about you?  Thank goodness it's Friday and we have the weekend to regroup!  Kicking it off with my five for this week ~

1.  Dairy Queen Fall Blizzard Flavors
Dairy Queen announced their limited-time fall flavors and they all sound delicious!  You can choose from Pumpkin Pie, Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie, Choco-Dipped Strawberry, Oreo Hot Cocoa, or Carmel Fudge Cheesecake.  And to sweeten the deal even more, from September 11 to 24 at participating DQs you can grab one for 85 cents!  Which one are you dying to try?


2.  Sunday is National Grandparents Day
If you're lucky enough to still have your grandparents around, make sure to stop by to see them or give them a call on Sunday to wish them happy Grandparents Day!  I'm going to make sure to tell my son a few good stories about my grandparents to honor them.  He was lucky enough to have 10 grand and great-grandparents alive when he was born!  Happy Grandparents Day to all you grandmothers and grandfathers out there.

 
3.  My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
The third installment of My Big Fat Greek Wedding opens today.  The cast will include many familiar faces and I’m so happy to say two of them are Nia Vardalos (Fotoula) and John Corbett (Ian)!  In this one, Toula is mourning her father's death and will honor his last wish by visiting his childhood village.  This family is always good for an entertaining couple of hours and I can’t wait to see it!


4.  
Virgin River
Hey, Virgin River fans, Season 5 is out!  Well, the first 10 episodes are out.  An additional two holiday-themed episodes will come out on November 30.  I’m hooked on this Hallmarkish series so I’m sure a considerable amount of time this weekend will be spent catching up on Mel, Jack, Doc, and the rest of the gang. 


5.  Fact...


Have a fantastic weekend!  We have some home projects to wrap up this weekend.  I'm also hoping to sneak in some time laying on the couch watching television.  See you back next week!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, Virgin River... I never got beyond the first few episodes because watching a TV series with audio description (I'm blind) is a bit overwhelming (and this was the first series I tried), but I loved the characters. Those DQ fall flavors sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I am not usually one to love sequels I think I'd really enjoy My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. Those Blizzards all sound delicious; I'm kind of relieved we don't have one anywhere near us.

    ReplyDelete