Penny's Passion: What We Did in September 2024

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

What We Did in September 2024

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm recapping what we did in September!


September was a month of non-stop fun for us!  The highlights were our vacation to London, attending the play Dial M for Murder, going to the Sting / Billy Joel concert, and hosting the second annual Putt Putt Golf Tournament.  During the month, I also shared a recipe for trending TikToc Cinnamon Rolls, what I read in August, and our fall mantel.

 

First up – our London vacation! It was amazing to share this experience with our son, Ian. He was able to join us for most of the days we were there, and we loved having him with us. We did miss his wife and hope she can join us next time. I've already shared Days 1 and 2, Day 3, Day 4, and Day 5. Days 6 and 7 are coming soon!




 

A group of friends and I have season tickets to the Repertory Theater in St. Louis. Our first play of the season, Dial M for Murder, was in September. We met for dinner before the show and then enjoyed the performance together. I can already tell I'm going to love having tickets with these ladies—it was such a fun night out!



Last January we purchased tickets to the outdoor Sting / Billy Joel concert for Friday, September 27.  Hurricane Helena decided to sweep through St. Louis and Friday was a raining, raining day.  The concert was moved to Sunday night.  Thankfully that day worked with our schedule!  The weather on Sunday was beautiful and it was a great evening to be outside listening to Sting and Billy sing their hits. 





That same weekend we hosted our 2nd Annual Putt Putt Golf Tournament.  Our friends Logan and TW came in from Kansas City to join me, Eric, Ian, and Kayla for 4 rounds of putt-putt golf.  


We played three courses on Saturday and one on Sunday morning.  After each round, we crowned the winner for that course.  The winner of each round had to wear the medal through the next round.



TW made the coolest armband to hold the scorecard!  The clipboard was velcroed on the band so we weren't sitting it down and losing it.  He could easily pull it off to write down our scores.  Big improvement from last year!



Round 1 Winners were Eric and Kayla

Eric and Ian were the victors of Round 2

Logan pulled off the win in Round 3

Kayla returned to the winner's circle in Round 4

TW emerged as the big winner for 2024!  I finished dead last.  I have a lot of practicing to do if I want to do better next year!


Grand Champion of the 2nd Annual Putt Putt Golf Tournament - TW!


I think I should get a prize though for making the most adorable chocolate-covered Oreos!



September was an amazing month, filled with unforgettable memories! I’m so grateful to have such wonderful friends to share these experiences with!

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a month! Thanks so for hosting, Melynda @scratchmadefood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful September was had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun month! Now I'm off to read up on your London trip. I think I've only read days 1 & 2 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a full and wonderful September with all your fun activities.
    Thanks, Penny, for hosting, wishing you an awesome rest of the week.
    My entries this week are numbered #36+37
    Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete