Penny's Passion: Halloweening at Our House

Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloweening at Our House

Halloween is becoming big business -- In 2013 a study by the National Retail Federation said Americans would spend nearly $6.9 billion (that's BILLION with a "b") on Halloween costumes, decorations and candy!  Wow -- somebody's doing some serious Halloweening!!

With Halloween creeping up on us, I decided this weekend I better get in gear!  I started putting the decorations on the mantle and had a mild panic attack.  The picture was in my mind, but my hands weren't making the vision become a reality.  So what do you do when you need help -- call a friend, of course!  Tracy is on my speed dial and luckily she was available to meet me at At Home Saturday afternoon.  I made a small contribution to the $6.9 billion, but I didn't break the bank.

You have already seen my fabulous wreath my friend, Carol, made in this post -- but it's so worth showing again.  Carol is so very talented! I always love her creations.  Yes, she does sell her masterpieces.  If you want information on how to reach her, send me a message.


Look how cute the little witch is in the center.
Now on to the mantle reveal:







The room is finished off by our decorated tree (done by Eric) and the tray on the coffee table.  

Love the witch's legs.


These little guys have been around forever.  I love the way they accent our shelf.


Linking up for the Holiday Link-Up.  Can't wait to check out my other blogger friends posts to get some creative ideas for the rest of the house.  

Holiday Linkup

34 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I wish I could call you and you could come right I over and help me decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle looks awesome!! I love it! We just moved so no decorations up yet.. but I am kicking things in gear this week to get the porch presentable for our trick-or-treaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really outdone yourself with that mantel!!! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our mantle!! SO festive! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wreath is amazing!!! And your mantle is perfectly styled... I see something like that and would never be able to replicate it - well done!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are great. I didn't do much this year and I am not really sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decorations. I sure wish I had a fireplace if only for the mantle alone. I love fireplaces. Yours looks exceptional. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your halloween decorations. so inspirational for me to start decorating asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have given me inspiration to make my own mantle so I can display my Holiday things as well. Your mantle is lovely and I can't wait to show off mine's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love decorating and making things, your fireplace is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great decorations, very inspiring! I love spicing up my house for all of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Halloween Decorations. Very fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your mantle. It's what i think of when I hear Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look ready for the Halloween. You really have great decors especially the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. $6.9B?!?!?!?!? UNBELIEVABLE! Oh well.. I also contributed to that amount, but last year I had to wait until they were in clearance. LOL! I don't want to over-budget in Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who knew Halloween was such a money maker? I love your mantle! It is such a stunning mantle to start with and your decorations look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks Amazing! We don't decorate for halloween, because we don't have storage space *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have wonderful Halloween decorations. I wish I'm as creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your house is so festive, I love it! You have such style

    ReplyDelete
  21. We haven't put up our Halloween wreath yet. Yours is so fab! It's huge and very attractive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You guys go all out for halloween. We don't decorate at all because we go to my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your decor! I need to get moving on my decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your decorations are fantastic. I love all the little touches. The tree is awesome. I would love a wreath like the one on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all your decorations. I really love that wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love your wreath!! So cute! I wish you could come decorate me house!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh, I am so jealous of all of your decorations! Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday! I even have halloween ornaments for my christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love you Halloween decorations. That wreath is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, it was awesomely decorated - so cute and it really has the feel of halloween all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice. I don't decorate my house, but my ex-husband does to his. Last year they ran a mini haunted house for $2 a person and did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love everything! Fall decorations are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, you have amazing decorations!! Halloween must be so fun at your house!

    ReplyDelete