Penny's Passion: What Came In The Mail

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What Came In The Mail

I had a rough day at work on Tuesday.  I had been out late Monday night attending the Rams game and on Tuesday I was just looking forward to leaving work on time and heading home.  Eric was working a late shift and I knew I could run a few errands on the way home and then prop myself in a comfortable position and stay there uninterrupted.  When, at 4:45 pm my boss called from out of town and needed something -- something I knew would take me hours.  I was bummed!

I finished work around 7:45 pm and headed home.  On my way, I called my friend, Linda, to complain tell her about my day.  I was disappointed that my evening had taken an unexpected turn and my errands would have to stay on my to-do list.

The day needed to be turned around so I decided a little White Castle was in order.  Have you ever had their loaded french fries?  Couple that with a little fish sandwich and my train wreck evening started getting back on the rails.


And then, the magic happened.....I got the mail.


Just look at it -- not one, but TWO magazines.  A Crate and Barrel coupon.  And my Fall Walmart beauty box.  Oh, and not a single bill.  Come on, how could this not put a smile on my face.

Check out what's inside:


Do you see the full-size Covergirl lipstick in the fabulous color of vintage wine?!?  The thing on the end is a sample of Couture by Juicy Couture.  Yes, please.  Also included is Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting cream, clinical strength Secret,  sample of Clear Scalp and Hair shampoo and conditioner, and Revitalift Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer,   Guess how much -- I'll tell you.  $5.  Yes, $5!

Here's how it works.  Sign up and take their little quiz so they know what to send you.  Each new season they will send you different products to refresh your beauty cabinet.  It's just that simple.  This little box made my day!  

Enjoy more Thoughts for Thursday at

4 comments:

  1. Love receiving fun mail! Can really turn a frown upside down!!


    it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, OK! I need to get signed up for this beauty box! I love getting my new magazines in the mail too!
    -Morgan
    California To Carolina
    The Gym Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love receiving fun mail! What a steal for that Walmart fall box- so many goodies!

    ReplyDelete