Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 15, 2021

Friday, October 15, 2021

Five on Friday - October 15, 2021

It's Friday!  I was lucky enough to be on vacation Monday through Wednesday this week.  Eric picked me up from the airport late on Wednesday and we made it home around 1:00 am,  I am so looking forward to having a few days off to catch up on sleep and get all my travel gear put away!  Let's kick the weekend off with my five for today ~

1.  Hocus Pocus Baking Kits
Head to Walmart this weekend to pick up one of the cute Hocus Pocus baking kits.  The limited-edition kits come in five different forms: an Amuck Amuck Cupcake Kit, Binx Cookie Kit, Spell Book Brownie Kit, Potion Bottle Cookie Kit, and Hot Cocoa Bomb Kit, and are available for just $5 each.  This is the perfect Halloween activity for the kiddos!  You might want to pick up more than one!  If you don't want to pop in the store, they are available online also.


It's almost here!  Ree Drummond's next cookbook will be hitting the stands on Tuesday and I'm so darn excited to get my hands on a copy.  In the star's new book, she will be sharing 120 shortcut recipes for dinners, desserts, and more in The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Super Easy!



Have you been spending time sitting on the bleachers watching someone play a sport or instrument?  Does your back ache just think about it?  Buy yourself these stadium seat cushions!  You'll look forward to sitting on those bleachers when you have one of these to use.


4.  You - Season 3
Are you a You fan?  If so, today is your lucky day!  Season 3 is appearing on Netflix starting today.  I'll be honest, I watched the first season and loved it.  Never went back for Season 2.  We might have to rewind back to the second season to catch up and see if we still like this American psychological thriller.


5.  Thought of the day...


Okay, friends - let's get this weekend started!  We are joining our son and daughter-in-law for dinner tonight and have no plans for the rest of the weekend.  I'm sure we will come up with something fun to do!  Pop in next week to see what we were up to. 

2 comments:

  1. Legends & Lanterns is happening at st Charles Main Street. We are going to take advantage of cooler weather (hopefully no rain) and hop on the trail then around the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised that I did like You; I'm not usually one for suspense but it sucked me right in!

    ReplyDelete