Penny's Passion: Let's Make Taco Soup

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Let's Make Taco Soup

Today I'm joining some other bloggers in a chili-soup-stew recipe swap!  As the temperatures outside begin to fall and comfort food is on your mind, this is the perfect time of year to add soup recipes to your arsenal.  

A special welcome to those readers hopping over from Leslie's blog at Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After.  Leslie is the one who got this whole Blog Hop together, so a huge thanks to her!


I'm sharing a recipe that was recently given to me by my friend, Donna.  She made it when I was visiting once and I knew I had to have the recipe.  I had a hunch Eric would love it - and I was right!  It tastes great and is super easy to make, so I'm sure you are going to want to pin this for safekeeping!


Here's What You Need
1-1/2 lbs. of hamburger
1/2 of an onion
1 can of black beans
 1 can of pinto beans
1 can of corn
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 package of taco seasoning mix
1 package of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix

Optional
Sour cream
Nacho shredded cheese
Tortilla chips


Here's What You Do
Dice half of an onion.  Brown it with the hamburger.  When browned, drain and add to your soup pot.  (See that tool I use to chop up the hamburger?  If you don't have one, get one stat!  They are the best things ever!)



While the hamburger and onion are cooking, I added the cans of pinto beans, black beans, corn, Rotel, and diced tomatoes.  I dumped in the entire can, liquid and all.  

Add in the browned hamburger/onion mixture and sprinkle in the taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.

Give it a good stir and heat on medium to medium-high heat until warmed and cook until it's the consistency you like.  For us, that was about 30 minutes.  You could also put this in the Crock-Pot on low for 4 hours or high for 2.  It's definitely one of those recipes you could make ahead of time and just reheat.  


To serve, sprinkle nacho shredded cheese on top and plop in a dollop of sour cream.   We crunched up some tortilla chips to add in also.  So good!

Do you have a chili, soup, or stew that's your favorite?  Link up the recipe and share!  Before you go, make sure to hop over to see the recipe Jo at And Anyways... is sharing.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I love taco soup and your recipe looks extra yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! You had me at TACO! And then SOUP! I've made chicken tortilla soup (yum) but never thought about TACO soup!

    Plus, do you love that meat chopper?? I've ALMOST pulled the trigger on one several times and then I'm like, "just make do with what you have, stop spending money" (ha ha sometimes I'm so not fun), but then the next time I'm browning hamburger meat I'm like DAMN I wish I had that nifty chopper!

    Please convince me one way or the other :-)

    Bettye
    https://fashionschlub.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still making the soup you shared last go-round with the black bean corn salsa in it. Have never been able to find the salsa you recommend but we love that soup just the same. Can't wait to try this one. And I put that meat squisher and separater thingy in my Amazon cart. Thank you for joining the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how easy taco soup is. I make it sometimes once a week, especially on busy days. In fact it's on the menu for next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe, especially since I almost always have all of those ingredients on hand! Definitely keeping this for colder weather ahead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a recipe like this so thanks for sharing. Taco soup is something we haven't tried before so I'm going to give it a try. I've joined in with Leslie for the Chili-Soup-Stew Recipe Blog Hop and I'm finding some delicious recipes. Have a lovely week and great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taco soup. There's so much about this recipe to love. It really would be a great winter warmer. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, this sounds super easy, Penny! Thank you for sharing. I'll have to add my own taco seasoning mix... We have to watch our sodium levels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy and perfect for Fall. I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete