Penny's Passion: Celebrating Turning 60!

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Celebrating Turning 60!

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something I'm thinking about and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm reflecting on my recent birthday.

Back in November, I celebrated a big birthday.  Turning 60 still seems a little unreal to me.  I swear I was just turning 40 a couple years ago.  But here we are and we decided to celebrate big.

We celebrated my birthday for most of the month of November.  We kicked off the month-long celebration with a weekend in Kansas City orchestrated by my friend Linda.  I blogged about that wonderful weekend HERE.  

The celebration continued by going on a Virgin Voyages cruise with our son and daughter-in-law.  A post on the cruise will be coming at some point, but let me say it was a blast! 

We wrapped up our celebrations with a party at Boarding House Bistro.  This cute little place is a favorite of ours and we were so glad they allowed us to take over a portion of it for the party.


I waffled on if I wanted to do something like this for my birthday.  I'm so glad Eric talked me into having a party!  Celebrating my birthday with friends was a joyous and memorable occasion filled with laughter, warmth, and shared moments.


The staff at Boarding House Bistro put together the most delicious grazing table.  We munched on it all night!



My daughter-in-law, Kayla, baked the most delightful almond cake with raspberry filling.  


Every good party needs a signature drink or two.  For the birthday party, we served the Berry Old (red sangria) and The Golden Girl (bourbon apple cider sangria).


We needed minimal decorations because the elegance of the location was beautiful enough.  I brought in a few centerpieces just to add a pop of color.  We also put a look back sheet of the year I was born on the tables.  



The wine wall made a perfect background for photos.  We used these for our Christmas cards.



The guests took home a bag of my favorite flavored popcorn thanking them for "popping" in.  


As the celebration drew to a close, I had such a sense of contentment and fulfillment, knowing that we shared this special day with the people we love.  The shared joy, laughter, and camaraderie created lasting memories that I'll carry with me always.  

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Wow - You know how to celebrate ! What a wonderful month and fabulous party! We just returned from celebrating my husband's 70th in Paris. It was magical! Enjoy this new decade - wishing you many blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations and welcome to the 60 club. Seems like you all had lots and lots of fun.

    My links: 14+15. We will be honored if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on 60 YEARS!
    Thanks for hosting a FABULOUS linky party every week Penny!
    Don't forget to join us over at the Creatively Crafty Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
    https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/
    Followed and Pinned!
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Happy 60th. So very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 60th! Thank you for hosting this wonderful link party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Penny! Of course you should celebrate! Looks like a special gathering. My husband surprised me with a party on my 50th. I was totally surprised, so much so that it took me a good 30 minutes to settle in to a party. He hosted an open house for my 60th. Much better than a surprise. For my 70th, he asked about a party, but I declined. Now I sit here facing yet another birthday, no parties planned. Keep celebrating! You are young!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful celebration! That raspberry almond cake sounds delightful. Celebrating all month long sounds perfect to me. Happy birthday. Visiting from Wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like the most fabulous way to ring in a new era! All your party photos are fabulous and I can't wait to hear about the cruise. That is one cruise line I hadn't heard of before.

    ReplyDelete