Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - September 6, 2024

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Five on Friday - September 6, 2024

Happy Friday!  It's a super happy one for us because we are leaving on a jet plane this afternoon for vacation!  London here we come!  Before we head out, let me share my five for this week ~ 

1.  Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread
Aldi's is hopping in the pumpkin spice craze with their Happy Farms Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread.  It's available starting today.  Wouldn't this be delicious on a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel?!?  If pumpkin isn't your thing, it also comes in a salted caramel flavor.  Breakfast is sounding pretty good!
2.  National Read a Book Day and a New Cookbook
Here's a twofer - one, it's National Read a Book Day, and two, since I read my cookbooks like novels I'm sharing a cookbook that was released this week.  Baking in the American South: 200 Recipes and Their Untold Stories (A Definitive Guide to Southern Baking) by Anne Byrn sounds like a great read to me!  And bonus - the recipes will be awesome to try.  If reading your cookbooks isn't your thing, pick up any book and celebrate National Read a Book Day today!  If you're looking for a new book to crack open, check out the books I read in August HERE.  


3.  Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice
Opening this weekend is the newest Beetlejuice movie.  Michael Keaton and many others are back to share the newest adventures of the kooky character of Beetle Juice.  Here's the summary ~
Beetlejuice is back! Oscar-nominated, singular creative visionary Tim Burton and Oscar nominee and star Michael Keaton reunite for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, the long-awaited sequel to Burton’s award-winning Beetlejuice. After an unexpected family tragedy, three generations of the Deetz family return home to Winter River. Still haunted by Beetlejuice, Lydia's life is turned upside down when her rebellious teenage daughter, Astrid, discovers the mysterious model of the town in the attic and the portal to the Afterlife is accidentally opened. With trouble brewing in both realms, it's only a matter of time until someone says Beetlejuice's name three times and the mischievous demon returns to unleash his very own brand of mayhem.

4.  The Perfect Couple
If you're in the mood to binge-watch something this weekend, The Perfect Couple might be an excellent choice!  The novel by Elin Hilderbrand has been adapted to a Netflix six-episode series and it dropped this week.  This show promises a dose of murder mystery entangled with an upper class family committed to the facade of perfection.  Nicole Kidman stars as the unflinching matriarch.  This one is definitely on my list to watch!


5.  Definitely me...
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back next week!  I have some posts teed up while we are away and I'll be sharing pictures of our travel adventures on Instagram.  See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Both those flavors of cream cheese sound yummy! The Perfect Couple is on my watchlist too and I've read about 120 pages today and I am glad I can justify that tonight at dinner when it's obvious I didn't do much else today. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Pumpkin spice cream cheese spread. I want to say the pumpkin craze is getting out of hand but I love the sound of it!
    My youngest and I watched the original Beetlejuice movie this morning, we're hoping to see the new one soon!

    ReplyDelete