Penny's Passion: Five on Friday -- September 26, 2014

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Five on Friday -- September 26, 2014

Hello, Friday!  I'm so glad you're here!  This is going to be an action-packed weekend full of lots of fun.  Tomorrow I'm headed to the Strange Folk Art Show with my friends and on Sunday trekking off to my home town to celebrate my dad's birthday.  So let's start by checking out my Five on Friday.

1.  Scarves
It's the time of year to bring on the scarves.  Here's some cool ways to tie them.  This chick looks like she might strangle herself so be careful if you're following the video at home.


2.  Boots
We want these.  I NEED these.  Of course, these exact boots are way out of my price range so I'm going on a search for some that are similar.  I saw a pair at Marshalls that could have been a twin.  I really hope they are still there.


3.  The Hunger Games:  Mockingjay - Part 1

Tickets go on sale October 29.  Can. Not. Wait.


4.  Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
A sample of this cream arrived in my Birchbox and after one use I immediately ordered a full size one.  I don't know what's in this magic stuff, but my face has never looked better (well, except for when I was younger and didn't have wrinkles).  Highly recommend it.  Here's what Birchbox says about it, "It gently exfoliates and removes dirt and oil, plus stimulates new cell growth for fresh, radiant-looking skin. Pretty soon, we’re looking just as sunny as we feel."  You can get yours here.
                             Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub Sea Kelp + CGF

5.  Quote of the Week:

                                             

Make it a great weekend!  If you haven't entered the September monthly giveaway, can you do it here.  See you back next week.


12 comments:

  1. Love the quote! Have a great weekend! The Strange Folk Art Show sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are gorgeous and that quote cracked me up!! Thanks for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the quote cracked me up! I cannot wait for Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I will have to check out that scarf video... I feel like I wear my scarves the same 2 ways, so a little inspiration might help me vary it up some. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mockingjay looks SO good! I'll definitely be buying tickets at the 21+ theater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your Friday posts! Yay for hunger games!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giddy at the thought of Mockingjay. Can. Not. Wait.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that quote!!! SO TRUE!! And I can't wait for Mocking Jay!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely looking forward to Mockingjay! Of course it's sad that they'll make us wait so long to see the next part, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can't wait for the new Hunger Games. I just wish we didn't have to wait till next year for Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for scarves and boots! It's not quite cool enough but I am ready!
    I'm very excited about the new HG movie, and I think my husband is too! He is even preaching a HG-themed sermon series for the next few weeks. He made a cool "trailer" for it -- wanna see? https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=772185809508796

    ReplyDelete