Penny's Passion: Weekending Labor Day Style

Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekending Labor Day Style


This has shaped up to be an outstanding weekend!  When I left work on Friday, we had very few plans for the weekend by design.  After a super busy week, I was looking forward to some true down time and felt pretty good about the lack of events on our social calendar.

Some exciting news came in on Friday when I received an acceptance note into the Missouri Women Bloggers.  I'm pumped to be participating in this organization.  If you are a blogger from Missouri, check out the link above.
Missouri Women Bloggers
Friday night we headed to the Midwest Wingfest in Fairview Heights, Illinois.  With 18 vendors serving wings, it was hard to pick which ones to buy.  Since I'm not a fan of eating wings in public, I chose a bacon-wrapped shrimp kabob.  Yes, it was delicious!  I really need to try making these at home.  While there, we also had a chance to hear the Jeremiah Johnson Band -- fun stuff.

Saturday I whipped up some note cards.  I have a few packages I hope to get out this week and will be using these cards with them.  It was so easy to put these together -- my Silhouette cutting machine did most of the work and I just had to do the gluing.  Pretty cute -- don't you think?
                                         Displaying photo.JPG

In the evening, our friend Sherri joined us at the Moonshine Grill to listen to some live music and enjoy some of these tasty cocktails.
Photo: Guess where I am!?!
Yummy!
Sunday was a total relaxation day.  We binge-watched Breaking Bad (we're mid way through Season 3) and I finished the book Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews.  It was the first book I read by her and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It had humor and several twists I didn't see coming -- overall, fun summer read.  

                                                      Front Cover  
Now I have Monday to plan out the week and do some meal planning.  I've been terrible about preparing food at home, so I'm making it my goal to do a better job in September.  Have a great week everyone!
Linking Up With:
Biana at BLoved Boston                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment