Penny's Passion: Weekending -- Last in September

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekending -- Last in September

My, my, my -- what a weekend this has been!  We have had a great weather weekend and made the most of it.

Friday night Eric and I decided to catch a movie.  We went to a great theater -- The Edge.  We chose seats in the Bistro - big, comfy leather recliners with food service.  Unfortunately, the movie we chose was B.A.D. bad - A Walk Among the Tombstones.  It had Liam Neeson.  My recommendation is don't waste your money.  It is definitely one you can rent when nothing else is available and you feel you must watch a movie.  Even though the movie was a flop, it was still fun to spend some time with Eric.

Saturday morning I gathered with some friends to go to the Strange Folk Festival.  This was the 9th annual Strange Folk Festival in O'fallon, Illinois and it featured 150 indie makers, illustrators, and vintage curators.  Fun time.  We started the day with scones and mimosas and moved on to the festival.  We missed our friend, Tracy; however, we all found a Christmas gift for her so she might be the real winner for not being able to come with us.  :)




We drove to mid-Missouri on Sunday to celebrate my dad being 76 years young.  What do you get a 76-year-old man to has everything and needs nothing -- a fishing pole lighter, of course.  We also got him a garden weasel, but the lighter was a real hit with my nephews.

River's Edge Fishing Pole BBQ Lighter

Later in the day after everyone had left my parents house but me and Eric, we took my parents to Stone Hill Winery in Hermann, Missouri to enjoy the fabulous weather and share a bottle of wine.  It was an absolutely beautiful day to be outside.  And we may or may not have had a big laugh at the gentleman sitting at the table next to us who fell over backwards off his seat.  Happy birthday, Dad!!

Our Story - Stone Hill Winery
View from the winery -- beautiful!
The cherry on top of the great day was the fact that the Cardinals won the Central Division and we're on to the playoffs.  October baseball here we come!  LET'S GO CARDS!!!!

Headed into Monday, I am refreshed and ready to put in a hard week at work.  Hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead.  I can't wait to share with you the fabulous Halloween wreath my friend Carol made for me.  You'll have a chance to see it on my Five for Friday this week.   Also, don't forget about entering the September giveaway here.

Check out the below blogs to see what they were up to this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous weekend! That lighter was such a clever gift. Hope your Dad had a good birthday
    Have a nice week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Festivals are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete