Penny's Passion: 2020 Christmas Card

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

2020 Christmas Card

Getting Christmas cards in the mail is one of my very most favorite things.  Any kind of happy mail actually.  When I pull down the lid of the mailbox and see an envelope inside that isn't a bill or junk mail my mood immediately lifts.  I grab the contents and practically skip back to the house, excited to open the treasure and see what's inside.  My hope is others feel this same kind of joy when they peek in their mailbox and see a card from us!

This year I decided to forgo the photo cards we have been doing the last few years and went with a homemade version.  Years ago I made all our cards, but they were super time consuming and life just got a bit too much to continue that tradition.  This year, on the other hand, time was on my side.  With the calendar being mostly blank, there was plenty of time to pull out the craft supplies and create.  I opted for a super simple design and this is the final product.



Eric got into the action and helped with the embossing this year.  We used my handy dandy Cuttlebug.  This little gadget has been in my life for years and it makes embossing so easy.  All you have to do is sandwich the paper you want to emboss into an embossing folder, layer a few plates, and roll it through.  This year's card design was made with THIS embossing folder.


Here's wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season!  May it be filled with love, laughter, and goodwill.  Thank you for supporting my blog and I'm looking forward to sharing inspiring content with you in the coming year.  Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Just added that embossing folder to my cart! I feel the same way about happy mail and was just thinking of picking 2-3 letters of the alphabet a month and sending everyone in my address book a fun piece of mail all year next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling scene with this folder, so fun for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super embossing folder. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such a fun and joyful card.. Love the way you kept it minimalistic yet so effective..
    Thank you for joining in at AAA birthday challenge this month. Stay safe and stay crafty wish you join us next month too
    Dt Swapna

    ReplyDelete