Penny's Passion: Hallmark Christmas Movies

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Hallmark Christmas Movies

Hello!  Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and share what you're thinking out loud about today.

I have been hooked on Hallmark movies more than ever this year.  They are cheesy and very predictable and I love them anyway.  They offer the escape from reality that's particularly needed this year.  Hats off to them for bringing us 40 new movies in the midst of a pandemic!  If you're needing a checklist to make sure you caught them all, here you go ~



We stream the Hallmark channels on Frndly for about $6 a month.  Eric is happy because Frndly also comes with the Weather Channel.  As many movies as I've been consuming, we are definitely getting our money's worth!   

I haven't gone so far as to start buying all the merchandise pertaining to Hallmark movies, but I have downloaded the Hallmark App.  It's free in the app store and lets you check off all the movies you've watched and send you reminders when others are showing.  If I happen to get some Hallmark movie merch for Christmas, I wouldn't be sad about it!

If you're watching with others, there are a few fun games related to the movies you might want to bust out.  First, we have the Hallmark Christmas Movie Drinking Game.  You might want to save this one for evening viewing because I would be blitzed in the first 20 minutes!  I saw this on the Country Living website and I promptly subscribed to the magazine!


Second, we have a more family-friendly game - Hallmark Christmas Movie Bingo.  Visit The Kittchen website for several adorable printable cards.  You better believe that next Christmas when this pandemic is over, I'm throwing a Hallmark Movie Watch Party and this game will be on the agenda!


Here's some fun facts about the Hallmark Christmas movies~
Most of the movies are filmed in Canada
The budget for snow is approximately $50,000 per movie
Each movie only takes a couple of weeks to film
Filming mostly occurs in the summer    

If you're needing to get in the holiday spirit this year, pour yourself a cup of hot chocolate and cozy up with a Hallmark Christmas movie.  With all the snow and love, it's sure to do the trick!

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


 
 

 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Penny, for hosting! Are you ready for Christmas? I'm sure not! It is such a strange year! Hope your Christmas is safe, healthy and very merry!

    Hugs,

    Tee @ Teediddlydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to watch One Royal Holiday from Hallmark since it was filmed in a nearby town but despite trying free access to the Hallmark channel I still couldn't find it! I'll have to try Frndly. I did see that pop up as an app that has Hallmark movies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies as well. That is usually what is playing, unless my SO is watching sports (and even then I sometimes sneak upstairs to watch them LOL). Thank you so much for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to play a game with a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the info on the Hallmark movies. I did not know that there were games involved.

    ReplyDelete