Penny's Passion: 2024 Galentine's Party

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

2024 Galentine's Party

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm thinking about the Galentine's party we had last weekend!


We can all thank Leslie from Park and Rec for introducing us to the concept of "Galentine's Day".  Even though my party wasn't on the official Galentine's Day (February 13), a group of my friends gathered together over the weekend and celebrated with each other.  The group of friends I invited was our small group from church.  I'm just getting to know many of these wonderful ladies and the party was a way to have a shared experience.





The party was set for 2 hours and I knew we would have no problem filling the time!  The plan was to have the guests pick up a clipboard with the games attached when they arrived.  We had four games to play, one being a game to get to know the other attendees.  Etsy has no less than a thousand games you can download and print from home.  The ladies worked on answering their game cards as everyone arrived.

I have used the small clipboards numerous times at showers and parties.  I had no idea when I bought them 10 years ago how many times they would be used!  

Clipboards            

As the guests continued to arrive, the ones finished with their game cards could make a Valentine's card.  I had set up several card-making stations with all the supplies needed to complete their creation.  There were samples to follow, but the creative people at heart could branch out and make their own designs.  The cards could be taken home or left here for me to drop them off at a local assisted living care facility.  




For snacks, we had a sundae bar with lots of toppings, fruit salad, chocolate-covered pretzels, Caprese skewers, and spinach artichoke bites.



Before the party began, I scooped up the ice cream into balls and refroze them.  This was the best idea ever!  Popping a scoop of ice cream into the bowls couldn't have been easier!


Keeping with the pink theme, the punch fit right in!  It was made by putting a quart of raspberry sherbet in the punch bowl and adding ginger ale and a splash of cranberry juice.  Ladle it into cups and top with a raspberry.  So delicious and cute!


We gathered around an extended table to eat the snacks and play a few games.  I love playing games like this or that and people bingo so we can learn about each other.  And who doesn't love winning prizes!



Speaking of gathering around the table, it was fun to dress the table with the log candle holders my dad had made for me to use at a wedding years ago.  I have a feeling I'll be using them for years to come.



As predicted, the two hours flew by!  I'm so grateful I decided to have this party.  Having people around to share in conversation, offer encouragement, empathy and a listening ear is the very best part of friendship.  Gatherings like this are the perfect way to build long-lasting friendships!

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing time. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a wonderful time together, what great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds so fabulous! You can tell you are an expert at party planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea for a party or get together, love the crafting and the decorations.
    Thanks for linking up with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete