Penny's Passion: 2024 Year of the Dragon

Monday, February 19, 2024

2024 Year of the Dragon

The Year of the Dragon 2024 is upon us!  Seems like a perfect theme to use for a dinner party!  In the Chinese folklore, the dragon is a majestic and lucky creature.  It symbolizes bravery, creativity, and innovation.  Here's how we creatively celebrated with our tablescape!

Year of the Dragon

I found a three-piece dragon on Amazon and thought it would be perfect to use as the centerpiece.  When it arrived, it was much smaller than I had anticipated so I improvised by propping it up in three floral centerpieces.  Hidden beneath each dragon piece is a shot glass holding it up.  

Year of the Dragon


At each place setting was the traditional red envelope with gold chocolate coins tucked inside.  The Chinese tradition of the envelopes is those who receive one are wished another safe and peaceful year.  



I had just bought a black tablecloth and napkins for our New Year's tablescape and was happy to use it again so soon.  When I buy new stuff like that, I always think "I'll use this a lot".  Then most of the time it sits in the closet for years.  Not this time!  


For dinner, I made one of our favorite things - Sukiyaki!  You can find the recipe HERE.  We served the Sukiyaki over rice and had pre-made eggrolls and crab rangoon on the side.  It was such an easy menu and made putting the dinner party together so effortless!



People born in the Year of the Dragon are said to be charismatic, ambitious, adventurous, and fearless.  They possess confidence, independence, and vision.  Cheers to embracing the Dragon's energy this year.  I hope you set your intentions and soar toward your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment