Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - May 3, 2024

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Five on Friday - May 3, 2024

It's Friday!  Let's get ready for the weekend!  Kicking it off with my Five on Friday ~ 

1.  Cold Stone Creamery Choco Taco
Do you remember the Choco Taco that Klondike used to make?  Then they took it away and we thought it was gone forever.  Well...Cold Stone Creamery is bringing it back!  For one week only (and the clock started ticking on Tuesday, April 30), you can indulge in this waffle ice cream taco delight.  Hurry by a Cold Stone Creamery because May 5 will be here before you know it and they will once again be gone.


2.  The Tattooist of Auschwitz
Did you read the Heather Morris novel The Tattooist of Auschwitz?  We read it for book club years ago and the story still touches my heart.  Now Peacock presents a 6-episode series based on the novel.  In case you haven't heard about the book, it's a true story where Lali Sokolov falls in love with fellow prisoner Gita at the Auschwitz concentration camp. Under constant guard from a volatile Nazi officer, they become determined to keep each other alive.  It's definitely a series I want to watch!

As a side note, I didn't realize that The Tattooist of Auschwitz is actually the first book in a three-book series.  The other two books are Cilka's Journey and Three Sisters.  I'll be adding these books to my TBR list!


It's May and that means summer is right around the corner.  Are you ready to be blowing up all those pool floats and beach balls?  And is your soccer and basketball aired up and ready?  Here's a portable air pump that is smaller than a can of soda.  I think it would be the perfect addition to throw in the beach bag so you'll be ready to inflate all the things!  

I'm a huge fan of my silk pillowcase and this week I snagged another one that's still on a lightning deal from Amazon.  Before buying my silk pillowcases, I had heard that they were better for your skin and hair.  It's true!  Gone are the days I wake up with sheet marks across my face and wild, crazy hair.  Another benefit is the silk material can help regulate body temperature, reducing sweating.  If you haven't tried them, now is your chance to get one at a great price!


5.  Just a thought...


Have a great weekend!  I'm off tomorrow morning with a friend to visit the Silos in Waco, Texas.  It's been on my bucket list for some time and I'm excited to see if it lives up to the hype!  Seeing Magnolia will be great, but doing it with my friend will make it wonderful!  We've booked a unique VRBO that I can't wait to share with you.  Pop in next week for the recap!









2 comments:

  1. I did know that The Tattooist of Auschwitz was part of a series but I have yet to read the others... I bet that series will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That ice cream taco looks amazing!
    I have seen The Tattooist of Auschwitz advertised on TV. I will be giving it a watch.
    I have heard good things about silk pillowcases but I have yet to get one.

    ReplyDelete