Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - May 31, 2024

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Five on Friday - May 31, 2024

Can you believe this is the last day of May already?!?  Wrapping up the month with my Five on Friday post.  Let's go!

1.  National Pen Pal Day
Tomorrow is National Pen Pal Day.  Do people have pen pals these days?  I remember having one when I was a child.  I can't remember her name or where she was from, but I can remember how much I loved getting her letters in the mail.  My mother-in-law has had several pen pals throughout her life from all over the world.  At one time, she had 25!  She and a few of her pen pals have been exchanging letters for over 50 years!  If exchanging postcards with others sounds fun to you, check out Postcrossing.  You can send postcards and receive postcards back from random people from around the world.  Sounds like fun to me!


2.  Nature Valley Biscuits with Almond Butter
A friend at work had me try one of these Nature Valley biscuits with almond butter and now I can't get enough of them!  Thank goodness she had a stash in her drawer and doesn't mind sharing.  They are on my grocery list, so hopefully I'll be able to repay her and have my own stash soon.  Try them - they're scrumptious!

Look at these adorable paper flowers!  I saw them in person last week and fell in love with them.  My mind immediately started thinking about how I could use them.  Bridal shower backdrop?  Tea party decorations?  A set comes with 9 flowers, 3 each of 3 different sizes.  You'll have to be patient when fanning them out, but the results are beautiful.  Be watching, I'll find a place to use them and I'm sure they will be showing up on the blog!


The Amazon driver will be delivering my scented drawer liners on Saturday.  They are just what I need to motivate me to clean out my dresser drawers and put them in the bottom!  I've had scented drawer liners before and absolutely love opening the drawer and smelling the refreshing fragrance.  The ones I ordered are fresh linen scented.  If fresh linen isn't your favorite, they come in many other scents.

5.  Getting ready for vacation...


Enjoy your weekend!  We have a few fun activities planned and I'm excited to get the weekend started.  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Years ago I used to have a couple of pen-pals and loved writing to them but it isn't a big thing anymore is it. That Postcrossing does sound like fun!
    Those tissue paper flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pen pal from France that I fondly remember writing back and forth with for a couple of years (we even sent photos back and forth).

    ReplyDelete