Penny's Passion: Let's Make Strawberry Freezer Jam

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Let's Make Strawberry Freezer Jam

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I share something I'm thinking about and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm thinking about my recent project of making strawberry freezer jam!


It's strawberry season where we live and I love going to our local orchard, Eckert's, and picking a batch of the juicy red fruit.  But this year I was a bit short on time so when I saw their sale for buy one flat, get one free I couldn't resist swinging by their store and getting the berries.  I had seen a video on Instagram from MeMe's Recipes where she made strawberry freezer jam and I was pretty sure I could easily make a batch.  By the way, if you haven't seen MeMe's Recipes on Instagram search for it.  She's a sweet little old lady who has the BEST recipes!  Turns out that in less than an hour two batches were prepared and ready to go into the freezer!  Here's how it's done ~

Here's What You Need
4 cups of strawberries (I used a quart and a half)
1 package of Sure Jell
3/4 cup water
4 cups sugar


Here's What You Do
Wash the 4 cups of strawberries and cut off the stems.  Put them in a bowl and smash them.  I used my masher / ricer, but didn't press so hard that the strawberries came up through the ricer.  I also did smash a few with my fingers.  The 4 cups of strawberries are reduced to 2 cups.

To the 2 cups of strawberries, add 4 cups of sugar and stir for 10 minutes.  Just a few minutes into the stirring, my Apple watch asked me if I wanted to record my elliptical workout!


After the strawberries are all stirred up, set aside while you do the next step.


Boil together 3/4 cup water and the Sure Jell.  While stirring, let it boil for 1 minute.


Add this to your strawberries and stir for three minutes.  After stirring for three minutes, you are ready to fill your jars.


Put the lids on the jars and let them sit on your counter for 24 hours.  After 24 hours, place them in your freezer.  That's it!  One batch makes 6 half-pint jars of jam.  I can't wait to tie a ribbon around the jar and give them away this winter!  

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. Yum! This recipe sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmh ! it seems good. Thanks for MeMe's link. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! I love making freezer jam in the summer when strawberries are in season up here. Though my recipe is a bit different since I don't use any pectin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I made 7 batches of strawberry jam last week! We love to have it all year round. I also made a strawberry cake and strawberry pie; gotta make the most of fresh strawberries! They're the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing strawberry jam - will have to try it myself.
    Thanks for hosting, Penny, and team for having me over, sharing with your readers.
    My entries are numbered #20+21.
    Please join SSPS: M-S https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this recipe, Penny! I'm excited to go strawberry picking with my granddaughter this summer and I've been looking for an easy jam recipe to make with her! Looks like I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds super amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete