Penny's Passion: Weekending - First One in August

Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekending - First One in August

Welcome to August!  And to Monday.  I'm a little lot late coming to you today because I was just too worn out last night to put a post together.  It was a fabulous weekend!


I decided late Thursday night that I was going to take a vacation day on Friday.  A day for my brain to rest was much needed.  I knew I still had tons to do for the baby shower on Sunday and Saturday was going to be nonstop, so Friday was going to be a fun day for me.  Fun it was!

Friday started with me laying in bed reading and commenting on some of my favorite blogs.  I love reading blogs and rarely comment on them.  My bad because I know how much I LOVE getting comments from my readers.  A better job at commenting by me needs to happen!

After enjoying a slow start to the day, a walk was in order.  Trekked around the neighborhood and enjoyed breathing in the fresh air.  When the walk was done, I decided a little reading outside was the thing I should do next.  I'm reading All The Light We Cannot See.  This book has been mentioned all over blogland.  Sadly, I'm having a bit of trouble getting into it.  Am I the only one feeling this way?  So many people have talked about loving it.

All the Light We Cannot See

While basking in the sun I decided what I really needed to do was get a pedicure.  I mean, I really needed pretty toes for the shower on Sunday, so off to the spa I went.  Just the thing to finish off the day and move into the evening feeling relaxed!

Friday night was Beauty and the Beast at the Muny.  It was a beautiful, but bit warm, evening.  I busted out my mini air conditioner and stayed cool as a cucumber.  Blogged about it HERE.  Seriously guys, these little babies are great.  The show was great too.

Image result for beauty and the beast muny

Then Saturday happened.  I had done an enormous amount of thinking about the decorations I wanted to do for the shower on Sunday, but not a lot of doing.  It was crunch time.  Thank heavens for my Silhouette!  I worked nonstop from early to late, but in the end it came together just as I had pictured it.  My daughter-in-law stopped by and helped for a while.  I really love working with her on projects like this.  I'm so lucky my son married such a wonderful lady!  Love her so much!

Early in the day I thought I was actually going to get to meet up with some friends for dinner.  Who was I kidding?!?  That didn't happen.  Why am I such a procrastinator???   I'm just going to embrace the fact that procrastinating is just part of me and not beat myself up over it.

Word to the wise:  Always keep an extra set of printer ink cartridges on hand.  I may have had to run to Walmart at midnight to get more ink for the printer!

The mother-to-be we would be celebrating on Sunday had a sneak peak of her maternity pictures hit Facebook on Friday.  Isn't she gorgeous!!  She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Sabrina Renee Photography earns kudos for this shot.  Can't wait to see the rest of them.


Sunday morning I loaded up bright and early and drove almost two hours to the baby shower venue.  The set up turned into a family affair as my parents, brother, nephews and daughter-in-law helped put anything in its place for the shower.  I have to say, I was very pleased with the outcome.  Here's a few highlights.








  I'll be blogging more about the shower details on Wednesday.  Lots of fun stuff to show you!

This is Downtown Restaurant Week in St. Louis and right now we have reservations for two nights.  Still trying to decide on the third location.  Wait -- am I procrastinating again?

Check out what others were up to this weekend.



2 comments:

  1. I can see why you are so tired. Wow, a lot of party planning going on here. Lovely shower decorations and I think the theme is adorable. One lucky lady to have you. The picture of her lying down in the water, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I can't believe you waited till the day before to start creating! And here I thought procrastination was waiting till the week before! :) Everything turned out great, can't wait to see all the details on Wednesday. :) Rather tomorrow, since I'm reading this on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete