Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - December 10, 2015

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - December 10, 2015

Welcome to this week's Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  Glad you stopped by and hope you link up below to tell us what you're thinking out loud about today.  Here's something that's on my mind ~

With the Christmas holiday getting closer, I have frequently been asked the question - "What do you want for Christmas?".  The funny thing is I ask the same question to others and am always baffled when they respond that they don't know what they want.  What?!?  How can you NOT have things that you want immediately come to mind?  Well, this year I DO understand because I'm not really coming up with a big list of wants myself.

The true meaning of Christmas isn't lost to me.  I know that the gift giving isn't the most important part of the holiday season.  We are so very blessed in so many ways and even to be in a position to give (and receive) gifts makes us so very fortunate.

Now, part of the reason I am having a hard time with my wish list is because Eric did a fantastic job filling my want list items for my birthday in November.  Part of the reason could also be because I have so much stuff that adding more stuff to my already stuffed house is a bit overwhelming.  Could it be that I'm content?  No, that can't be it.  There has to be stuff I want.

Some stuff I want is big stuff -- like, super human BIG stuff.  I would really, really, really like to go see the Ellen show with my friend Linda.  It's on our bucket list.  Anyone have any secrets they could share about getting on the Ellen show?  Right now if you go online and fill out the ticket request form, it's for taping during the second week of February.  Wonder when they tape their 12 days of Christmas shows?  How cool would it be to have tickets to one of those show!



As I work through what I'm going to put on my wish list, I want to share a couple things that I've gotten in the past that I absolutely LOVE in case you need some things to put on your list ~

Adele's 25 CD


                                                      




I could go on and on.  I've been gifted so many great items.  I'm extremely lucky!  So now I just need to think of some things I would like this year.  What's on your list?  What's your favorite present from year's past?

Now it's your turn.  Vanessa over at X-tremely V and I would love to hear from you.  Link up below and share with us what you're thinking out loud about today.


Enjoy more Thoughts for Thursday at

4 comments:

  1. I keep a running wish list on both Keith & I so that when bdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc roll around its easy to pick something out. However this year it was harder than I thought!

    Not going to lie, Ellen's giveaways topped oprahs...just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you got everything for your birthday in November. I always tend to gravitate towards clothes. This year Kate Spade was having a flash sale that I told my husband to get on STAT, hehe. It arrived in the mail and I almost opened it, luckily I actually read who it was from! Ellen's giveaways are so cool. I think everyone in those audiences have an in to the show. Or so it would seem. Everyone I know who's gone to one of those, knew someone affiliated with the station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go see Ellen, this has been on my bucket list forever! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to update my wishlist on Amazon so my husband knows what to get me for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete