Penny's Passion: Let's Make Toasted Tortellini with Pesto

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Let's Make Toasted Tortellini with Pesto

As promised in my Weekending post, today I'm sharing with you a marvelous Toasted Tortellini with Pesto recipe.


Eric loves when I blog a recipe because he knows something good is coming his way.  This week he was super excited because he LOVES this toasted tortellini with pesto recipe.  It was his lucky day when I ran across this recipe on Life Made Simple.

My favorite dinner recipes tend to be ones I can easily whip up for dinner during the week.  After a long day at work, it really boosts my energy when I can come home and produce a great tasting meal in a short amount of time.  This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes!

Here's What You Need
1 (20 oz.) package of three cheese tortellini
12 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 Tbsp. salted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup prepared pesto with basil
1/4 cup julienned fresh basil
1/3 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese


Here's What You Do
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to the directions on the package.  The tortellini I used needed to boil for 7 minutes.  Drain and set aside.


While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.  Add the mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes until browned.

Pour the drained pasta to the skillet.  Let the tortellini get lightly toasted and brown on the edges.


Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.

Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the pesto, basil and Parmesan.


Serve immediately.  We top ours with a little bit more Parmesan and basil.  We also love to add some grilled chicken for a little protein boost.  Enjoy!


Handmade Tuesday's with Kristen

13 comments:

  1. These are, hands down, my favorite kinds of meals too! I'm big on time savers in the kitchen! Pasta is a favorite over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tortellini recipes and this one looks delicious! I'm saving this recipe to try later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk. That recipe looks so good! Thank you for sharing and thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really tasty! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms though, so I would probably substitute that for something... (I actually thought it was some kind of sausage when I first saw your pic, so now that's in my head it might be the winner for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious! If I knew how to cook, I'd make one of these!

    -Kiara @Via Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dish looks absolutely scrumptious! I love pesto, I could eat it a million days in a row!

    La Belle Sirene 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love tortellini pesto pasta! This looks like a great recipe I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I love the idea of toasting up the tortellini after boiling them. I can imagine that gives them a fantastic extra layer of flavor. Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea to toast the tortellini! So creative, thanks! I found you at the This is How We Roll Link up!

    ReplyDelete