Penny's Passion: Weekending - November 19, 2021

Monday, November 22, 2021

Weekending - November 19, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving holiday week!  The countdown is on to Thanksgiving day.  How many of you spent the weekend getting ready?  We will be going over to our son and daughter-in-law's house which makes for a super easy holiday for us.  I saw this graphic and am adopting it for my to-do list this week ~


This weekend we spent a lot of time just relaxing and enjoying ourselves.  Here's how it broke down ~

Friday night we met our son and daughter-in-law for dinner at a Mexican restaurant that has been around for as long as I can remember.  It's probably been 25 years since I've eaten there.  In all honesty, it will probably be that long before we eat there again.  It didn't measure up to our favorite Mexican restaurant in downtown St. Louis, Rosalita's.  We did have a great time catching up with Ian and Kayla though!

Saturday morning I lounged in bed doing a little work and answering emails.  It was the perfect time to watch some Hallmark Christmas movies and I watched three before getting up.  Three!  I swear when I start watching them I just become transfixed.  

When I finally tore myself away from the Hallmark channel, we went to Sam's to do a stock-up run.  We are definitely set for a while!  

We got cozy on the couch when we got back home and settled in to watch a movie.  We streamed King Richard, the true story of Venus and Serena Williams starring Will Smith.  Eric and I both liked it!  


We met friends for lunch Sunday at Hi Pointe Drive-In, who just got voted best burger in the world at the 2021 World Food Championships!  Guess what we had for lunch.  Burgers!  And they were delicious!


It was wonderful seeing our friend's daughter, who joined us for lunch.  She's a senior this year and we are going to miss her when she's off at college.  



After lunch, we ran by Penzey's Spice shop to grab their Pizza Seasoning spice.  We often throw in a frozen pizza for a quick lunch or dinner.  This spice takes the pizza to a new level!  It's also great on garlic bread.  
The mail delivery on Sunday made me excited.  I had ordered a shimmery silver turtleneck tunic from Ann Taylor for Eric's holiday party.  It was everything I had hoped it would be!  I'm going to wear it with a pair of black velvet pants and boots.  Now I'm on the hunt for some holiday earrings.

Available HERE

We wrapped up the weekend by watching the Kansas City Chiefs game.  It was a low-stress game because the Chiefs took the lead right away and kept it.  A perfect way to end the weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I have some red velvet leggings I want to wear this holiday season but I have been searching for the perfect top to go with them... heading over to check out that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that seasoning ... never thought about it on garlic bread though

    ReplyDelete