Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - November 4, 2022

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Five on Friday - November 4, 2022

Hooray for Friday!  This weekend is a welcome one over here.  Eric's birthday is today and we are ready for some celebrating!  Before the festivities begin, here are my five for this week ~

1.  Daylight Savings Time Ends
This weekend we'll get an extra hour because Saturday night we set our clocks back.  As much as I love the extra time this weekend, I'm so sad that it will be getting dark earlier in the day.  We are fast approaching the time when I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.  So I'm going to make darn sure I get the most out of my extra hour this weekend!  What are you going to do with your extra time?


Being a Friends fan, I am excited to add Matthew Perry's new book to my to-be-read list.  Actually, I'll probably listen to this one because he narrates it himself.  It was released this week and I've been seeing lots of snippets of the content.  Here's the summary from Amazon ~

“Hi, my name is Matthew, although you may know me by another name. My friends call me Matty. And I should be dead.”

So begins the riveting story of acclaimed actor Matthew Perry, taking us along on his journey from childhood ambition to fame to addiction and recovery in the aftermath of a life-threatening health scare. Before the frequent hospital visits and stints in rehab, there was five-year-old Matthew, who traveled from Montreal to Los Angeles, shuffling between his separated parents; fourteen-year-old Matthew, who was a nationally ranked tennis star in Canada; twenty-four-year-old Matthew, who nabbed a coveted role as a lead cast member on the talked-about pilot then called Friends Like Us. . . and so much more.

In an extraordinary story that only he could tell—and in the heartfelt, hilarious, and warmly familiar way only he could tell it—Matthew Perry lays bare the fractured family that raised him (and also left him to his own devices), the desire for recognition that drove him to fame, and the void inside him that could not be filled even by his greatest dreams coming true. But he also details the peace he’s found in sobriety and how he feels about the ubiquity of Friends, sharing stories about his castmates and other stars he met along the way. Frank, self-aware, and with his trademark humor, Perry vividly depicts his lifelong battle with addiction and what fueled it despite seemingly having it all.

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing is an unforgettable memoir that is both intimate and eye-opening—as well as a hand extended to anyone struggling with sobriety. Unflinchingly honest, moving, and uproariously funny, this is the book fans have been waiting for.

Back in June of 1990, Billy Joel played at Yankee Stadium.  The restored and remixed version, which was originally released on video, is being released today!  The set consists of a 2 CD/Blu-ray or 3 LP package.  Eleven of the tracks have never been released in any format!  Disc 1 contains 12 songs while Disc 2 has 10.  This will probably be playing on repeat at our house.


Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  Look at this adorable turkey waffle maker!  Start Thanksgiving morning off right by surprising the family with turkey-shaped waffles.  The waffle maker is non-stick and stands up for easy storage.  Make some memories this Thanksgiving by kicking off the holiday with themed waffles!




5.  True statement...


Now let's get this weekend started!  We have some fun things planned for the next few days.  Eric and I both took vacation today so we can enjoy a long weekend.  Pop in next week to see what was on our agenda.  

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up Perry's book this morning at Target while I was out shopping. It was an impulse but I'm anxious to read it.

    ReplyDelete