Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - September 4, 2026

Friday, September 4, 2026

Five on Friday - September 4, 2026

Hey Hey - Happy Friday!  I'm so excited to be headed into a holiday weekend.  My to-do list is long, and I'm hoping three days are enough to at least make a dent in it.  First things first - here's my Five on Friday post for this week ~

1.  Leanne - Season 2
Season 2 of Netflix's Leanne dropped on July 31, and Eric and I have already watched the entire season! We flew through the episodes because this show just makes us laugh. Starring the hilarious Leanne Morgan, the series follows a Southern woman who suddenly finds herself starting over after her husband leaves her—and, of course, there are plenty of funny moments along the way. The whole cast is fantastic, and every character brings their own special kind of crazy to the mix. If you're looking for something light, funny, and easy to watch, definitely give Leanne a try. Now Eric and I are just over here impatiently waiting for another season!

This book came out this week and I've anxious to crack it open.   I have a feeling some of her writing will be about things I can relate to...
Laurie Notaro can time travel. The portal is Scottsdale, Arizona. Once inside her elderly parents’ home, she’s a child again―who’s two years away from collecting Social Security. Caught between generations, Laurie is young enough to be thrust into the role of caregiver yet old enough to be grappling with her own creaking bones and analog life skills. It’s an awkward age.

Navigating it is just a matter of winging it. She runs rampant through Italy with her American driving skills. Infuriating office politics leave her little choice but revenge and some hexes. Laurie also confronts a high school bully at a reunion, considers an elaborate funeral at a puppet theater, and fancies an ideal retirement plan involving bank robbery. As for sex at sixty, honestly, it’s a challenge. The parts are a little rusty (at least they sound that way).

Regardless of indignity or mishap, the #1 New York Times bestselling author finds agency with the sharp wit of a woman who refuses to go gently into that good night.
Even though the temperatures might not be saying fall just yet, we all know sweater weather will be here before we know it! I’m already thinking about pulling out my favorite sweaters, and I know a few of them are going to need a little TLC after last season. Enter this handy fabric shaver! It quickly takes care of all that annoying pilling that can make a favorite sweater look old and tired. A few swipes and those little fuzz balls are swooshed away, leaving your sweaters looking fresh and practically brand new again. Such an easy and inexpensive way to give your fall wardrobe a little refresh without buying anything new!


4.  Taco Bell Churro Ice Cream Taco
Okay, Taco Bell has my attention with this one! They teamed up with Salt & Straw to introduce a brand-new Churro Ice Cream Taco, and it sounds like the perfect combination of two of my favorite things—churros and ice cream! The $3.99 treat has creamy churro-flavored ice cream tucked inside a crispy waffle cone shell and is finished with puffed rice and a dark chocolate-flavored coating. It rolled out nationwide on September 1 and is only available for a limited time while supplies last. I haven't tried one yet, but I have a feeling a Taco Bell run may be happening very soon!


5.  Yep...


And just like that, another Five on Friday is in the books! I hope you found a little something today that made you smile—or maybe even something you need to add to your shopping cart. Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with plenty of fun, a little relaxation, and time spent doing the things you love. Enjoy every minute, and I’ll see you back here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment