Penny's Passion: Weekending - June 23, 2017

Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekending - June 23, 2017

Oh my goodness -- we had the most fabulous weather the last few days in St. Louis!  It made for a wonderful weekend.  Here's how ours went down ~

Friday night I finished up a few decorations for the baby shower I was helping with.  Let me just say that my husband, Eric, is a rock star.  He was my assistant for the evening and we got done in half the time it would have taken me to do it by myself.  We worked on the wreath to welcome the guests, a raffle basket and gift banner and also food signs.




We did take a small break to watch the sunset.  Guys - my pictures just doesn't do it justice.  The sky was absolutely beautiful.


Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head to my hometown to do a little babysitting with my niece and nephew.  It was a fun way to spend the morning!  Their big brother had surgery last week and is still in the hospital.  Please say a little prayer that his recovery is speedy and he's back home soon.


The weather was perfect for playing outside, so I put down the camera and we headed to the park.  I swear these little guys change so much week to week.  Love spending time with them!

In the afternoon we drove home and got a few house chores checked off the list.  The garden was in desperate need of weeding (I might have took a little nap in the lounge chair while Eric did the weeding).  Our neighbor popped over and mentioned there was going to be fireworks at the park and we just couldn't let that pass us by without checking it out.  They were great!  Forty minutes of bombs bursting in air all choreographed to music.    Gotta love a good fireworks show!


Sunday morning I headed over to the shower venue to help set up.  Little Baby Cora is going to be welcomed with so much love!!  Check out some of the pics from the venue ~





The baby shower guests were treated to a sundae bar and many decedent dessert kabobs.





The tables were adorned with succulents for each guest to take home as a favor.  They added just the right touch sitting around the centerpieces.



 As soon as the decorating was finished, I rushed to a cooking demonstration class Tracy, Carol and Sherri and I had signed up for at Fezziwig's.  The class was held in the carriage house behind their store front and I truly felt like we could have been on some Food Network show.


The chef created three different kinds of flat breads as we looked on with our mouths watering.  For good measure, she also whipped up a couple different vinaigrette salad dressings.  So hoping I can replicate this at home!


When the class was complete and our wine glasses were empty, we headed over to Tracy's back porch to do a little catching up.  Tracy's FAVORITE holiday is summer solstice and she presented us with some pretty exciting gifts to celebrate it.  The wrapped package is going to be one of my five this Friday so you'll have to check back in to see what it is.


Sunday evening brought us another fantastic sunset.  It was the perfect way to end the weekend!



7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great weekend. I love the decorations that you made. That sunset looks beautiful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE those shower decorations. I love showers. OH and your niece and nephew are sooo cute!! Looks like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby shower - looks like it was the perfect way to celebrate. Seems like a perfect weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving those baby shower ideas! We're throwing one for my husband's cousin in September, so I will have to remember some of these - especially the Babies are Sweet, Have a Treat. I love that!
    Beth
    http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those sunsets are beautiful! I'm glad you had such a nice weekend. Looks like the baby shower turned out really well. Love all the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are gorgeous sunsets! and i love all the effort yall made with the decorations. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the shower decorations and goodies look adorable. Love the idea of a sundae bar and brownie kabobs. Sign me up any day of the week. And succulents for thank-yous were so thoughtful.

    You sunset photos are stunning. I am always so disappointed when i try to snap a photo of an amazing full moon and the photo pales in comparison to what I see with my own eyes.

    I am heading up to Albuquerque to snuggle my granddaughter this weekend. Babies are such fun! Glad you had a special time with your niece and nephew. Hoping their brother is soon home with them and on the mend.

    ReplyDelete