Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - November 15 2018

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - November 15 2018

Hey guys - happy Thursday!  Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  I'm going to share what I'm thinking out loud about today and hopefully you will link up and share what's on your mind today as well.

As I type this on Wednesday night, St. Louis is sitting on pins and needles waiting for the predicted snow and sleet to begin.  They are calling for 3-5 inches overnight and another couple inches in the morning.  This makes the thought of driving during rush hour more than I even wanted to deal with.  Hence, Thursday will be a vacation day for me!!  I'm looking forward to viewing the beauty of the snow from inside my house while checking a few chores off my list.

With all the chatter about snow and ice, I'm thinking out loud about a few items we might want to add to our winter kit to make days fulled with snow and ice a bit more bearable!

The first item I'm thinking very serious about adding to my car this winter is this windshield cover.  When at work, my car sits outside.  My windshield is exposed to any precipitation that falls during the day and I hate spending time trying to get the ice off when I get off work.  This baby would eliminate that!



All your outside hoses should be disconnected to prevent freezing of the outside faucets.  Another precaution to take in keeping your outside faucets from freezing are these outdoor faucet covers.  They are easy to install and protect your outside water faucets, pipe, spigot, and hose bibs from freezing.  If these things freeze, you run the risk of the pipes bursting and nobody wants that to happen!


Do you feel cold air coming in around your outlets?  A few years ago I added these socket sealers to the outlets on our outside walls and we could quickly tell a difference.  These little things are so reasonably priced that it doesn't take long to recover the cost with the savings on the utility bill!

Make sure your ceiling fan is rotating clockwise when looking up at it.  Heat rises, so if your ceiling fan is turning the correct direction it will push down the warm air and force it to recirculate.

Emerson Ceiling Fans CF712ORB Pro Series Ceiling Fans, Indoor Ceiling Fan with Light, 50-Inch Emerson Fans Blades, Bronze Ceiling Fan with Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish
Since it seems winter is here to stay for a while.  What are some of your winter weather tricks?  

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about?  Link up and share!




4 comments:

  1. I thinking about being able to breathe normally as the smoke from the Camp Fire has settled over the Bay Area. Hope you survive the sleet and snow. Have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great product ideas; we're braced for a good 5-8 inches tonight too. So far it seems like the forecast is wrong as nothing has started yet (and it was supposed to start after lunch) but only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I need to get those window shield cover for my parents. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip on the ceiling fan. I can never remember which way they should be turning. Will go home and inspect mine tonight. And the socket sealers are new to me. Will get some of those and have hubs help me install them. He will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete