Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - March 7, 2019

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - March 7, 2019

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  This has been a short week for me because I was off work on Monday.  Speaking of being off work, that's what I'm thinking out loud about today ~

Last weekend Eric and I had a little mini vacation.  We flew out Friday morning with a couple of our friends to Florida.  Being the baseball fans that we are, catching a few Spring Training games is something we always enjoy and were excited to be heading south this year to cheer on our St. Louis Cardinals.  We managed to get to four games in four days.  Lots of baseball fun!

What I love about going to Spring Training equally as much as the games is the fact that we stay right on the ocean.   There is something about hearing the waves crash into the shore that is like music to my ears.  A feeling of peace and serenity washes over me.  I often wonder if I lived near the ocean if I would start taking it's calming effects for granted.  I'll tell you one thing, last week I didn't take a single minute of my time on the beach for granted and loved every second of it!  While we were soaking up the sun in 80 degree weather, our friends back home were waiting out a snow storm in single digit temperature.


Friday night we followed the Cardinals to the Houston Astros ball field in West Palm.  It was a stadium we hadn't been to before, so we took a stroll around.



When we stopped at the foul pole, a couple of the Cardinal players happen to be headed to the locker room.  They stopped to sign a few autographs and we were able to snap a few pictures.



As an added bonus, Friday night happens to be when they have a fireworks show after the game.  Win for us!



After a great night's sleep and a wonderful morning walk on the beach, Jupiter was our destination for Saturday.  The Cardinals were playing in their home stadium and it felt good to be back on familiar turf.



After the game, we ventured to The Square Grouper Tiki Bar.  What a fun place to hang out after a game!  They have live music and a fabulous view of a waterway complete with a lighthouse!



Sunday it was back to Jupiter to take in our third game.  I have to admit, our stadium has some really good food!  The street tacos and bar-b-que nachos were pretty tasty.


Even though the food at the stadium was fab, we decided to enjoy dinner out Sunday night.  The Magic Oyster was located across the street from our hotel so we dined on seafood.  We definitely didn't go hungry over the weekend!


Eric, being the best husband that he is, got up with me at the crack of dawn Monday morning.  Seriously, we got up to watch the sunrise on our last morning.  Some things are just too beautiful to let them pass by you without taking it all in.


Monday we followed our beloved Cardinals half way across the state to Lakeland to see them take on the Detroit Tigers.  


We sat in our seats and soaked up the last bit of sun before heading back to our frozen tundra.  What a fabulous way to spend a few days!  The trip may be over, but the memories we made will last the rest of our lives.  Can't wait until next time!


What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!  I would love to hear from you.

Inlinkz Link Party

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time. Sounds like a super cool weekend. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time, that's cool. :D A fun day! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lobster roll looks amazing!!! YUM! Looks like you had a truly amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love that last photo. What a fun little getaway - and I'm so jealous of your nice weather. LOL

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you think of Lakeland? I almost took a teaching job there but already missed home, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to spring training games is on my bucket list, I'd love to go see my Twins someday! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fabulous trip! Sorry you had to come back to all the snow.. we have lots here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such a fun trip. Florida is fabulous! I'm sure you didn't miss the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I love that you both woke up early to watch the sunrise ❤️ What a lovely getaway and that you were able to take pics and get autographs from some of the players! Hope you have a great weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete