Penny's Passion: Weekending - March 8, 2019

Monday, March 11, 2019

Weekending - March 8, 2019

Happy Monday!  Boy, that lost hour really caught up to me this morning.  I had a very hard time rolling out of bed and getting my day started.  On the flip side, I loved looking outside last night at almost 7:00 pm and still seeing sunlight!

Our weekend was packed with fun.  Here's the recap ~

The highlight was celebrating Ian's birthday on Saturday night.  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my baby is twenty-eight years old!  I truly miss his growing up years, but am so proud of the man he's grown up to be.


Now let me back up a bit.  Friday night was pretty low key for us.  I wrapped Ian's present and was finally able to spend some time with the new Rachel Hollis book, Girl Stop Apologizing.  It did not disappoint!  Rachel really speaks a language that charges me up and gets me motivated.  

                                   
HERE

Saturday morning we woke up to the sound of thunder and lighting.  We were headed to a local university to help with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Spelling Bee, so I really wasn't too disappointed that it was forecasted to rain all day.  I mean, we were going to have to be inside most of the day and it gave me a chance to wear my rain boots (that I LOVE!).  


The Spelling Bee is always a fun time.   Eric and I have helped out for several years and look forward to it each March.  Our friend Tracy works also, so I whipped up these note cards for her ~


In the grading room, it's all things bee - complete with snacks and goody bags!




Of course, I came home and immediately started searching for that adorable bee for my Nora Fleming platter only to find out it's discontinued.  Darn it!  I'm planning a viewing party in May when the National Spelling Bee is televised on ESPN and it would have been perfect to use.  

As I mentioned above, Saturday evening we spent with Ian and Kayla celebrating Ian's birthday.  We watched the end of the hockey game, went to dinner and then had cake to round out the evening.

Sunday morning we did manage to make it to church on time despite loosing an hour.  After church we popped in Noodles and Company for lunch.  I am in love with their Zucchini Truffle Mac!


The rest of the day was spent with my nose in Girl Stop Apologizing and I'm not even sorry about it.  I'm sure I'll have the whole book read by the end of tonight.  Have you read it?  It's good guys!

Pop back in tomorrow and check out our St. Patrick's Day decorations.  I'm excited to share them with you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment