Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - October 24, 2019

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - October 24, 2019

Happy Thursday friends!  Here with this week's edition of Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  I'm thinking out loud about some little things recently that have put a smile on my face, so buckle up because I'm all over the place today.

Last weekend Eric and I decided to pop over to Kansas City to attend a Halloween party we were invited to.  We knew it would be a quick trip because Eric had to work on Friday and Sunday, but we had 36 hours off together and wanted to make the most of it! And it was well worth it.

When we're in the KC area, we love to try new BBQ places.  This trip, at the suggestion of our friend Linda, we dropped in Jazzy B's.  Her sources had suggested we give it a try and they definitely knew what they were talking about!  The owner, Brandon Simpson, was working and made our experience even better by sharing his description of the menu items and making suggestions on things we should try.


Guys - it was mouth-watering, finger-licking delicious!  This little restaurant, located in Lee's Summit, would be easy to drive right by.  Trust me - pull in and try their food.  And don't forget to order an appetizer and plenty of sides!




Before we left for our speedy trip to KC, I got a package in the mail that definitely put a smile on my face.  My friend, which also happens to be my sorority sister, makes jewelry and I had ordered one of her rings.  She's so talented!  Just look at it ~


You can check out her creations on her Facebook page at TouchedByGina. I have my eye on a cool necklace that I'm hoping Eric gets me for my birthday.  I just love wearing unique jewelry and it's a bonus that I also happen to know and love the creator!  If you're in the market for a one-of-a-kind gift, make sure to check out her page.

One last thing I'm thinking out loud about today - last night Ian and Kayla came over for dinner and I just love the way the tablescape turned out.  I picked up some new salad plates at Home Goods and they were perfect for the fall look I was trying to achieve.  They were magnificent with the felt pumpkins I'd picked up in the dollar bin at Target.   Don't you just love it when a look you have in your brain actually turns out!




Now's it is your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. That BBQ has my mouth watering!!!! We have a new BBQ joint opening this weekend and we can hardly wait to try it out. It's definitely not the same everywhere. I have never had KC BBQ but hear people around there do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out! I love designing special pieces for special people! Also, anxious to try Jazzy B’s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting a great party. Hope your having a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food and restaurant sound really good. I love your pretty fall tablescape. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome looking food, the BBQ looks amazing!
    I have share #15 My omhgff Linkup #16 Jumbo Pumpkin Muffins
    Thank you for hosting, stop by and share your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful table! My husband is always trying to find great BBQ places when we travel south as we don't have a whole lot of BBQ around here. Looks like you found a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That food at the BBQ diner looks like something from a upper crust restaurant! Such a pretty presentation for BBQ! I love discovering little hidden away diners and cafes. Had breakfast at one here today.

    What sorority were you in? Your ring is such a unique, special piece. Love the rolled paper necklace, too. I lost my sorority pin in one of my many moves after college. Or perhaps it was pinned to something I took to the dry cleaners and never got it back. Makes me sad. My grandmother was the only person really in favor of me getting in a sorority so she bought my pin.
    Love your tablescape. Those pumpkins are precious. I don't have any felt or velvet ones and probably need to remedy that. Love your new salad plates, too. Such an inviting table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks amazing. Very nice. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete