Penny's Passion: Weekending - August 20, 2021

Monday, August 23, 2021

Weekending - August 20, 2021

Happy Monday!  First and foremost, I'd like to give a huge shoutout to my husband, Eric.  Today he starts a new job and I'm so proud of him!  He's been working inside grocery stores for 30 years and he's taking a leap into a new career.  He's not leaving the grocery store business entirely though.  He'll be delivering Thelma's ice cream sandwiches and cookie dough to stores in our area.  Have you heard of Thelma's?  OMG - if you haven't, find them in your freezer section!  They are seriously the best ice cream sandwiches I have ever tasted.  Congratulations and good luck Eric!  


This weekend started a week of vacation for me.  My friend Linda and I planned this trip last March when it looked like COVID was calming down.  Little did we know that things would change for the worst by August, but we still feel we can make this a safe trip. 

As soon as I turned off my work computer on Friday, we met our son and daughter-in-law at one of our favorites places, Dewey's, for a sendoff dinner.  When we returned home, the packing began.  It always surprises me how much stuff we tote with us on our beach vacations!


We were up and on the road early Saturday morning to conquer our 11-hour drive to the beach.  Nashville was the perfect spot to stop for lunch.  On our way, we did some quick research to find a fun stop and chose Red Head Stranger.  Their tacos hit the spot!  


Seven hours later we arrived in Gulf Shores and got settled into our condo.  I'm thrilled to say this will be our view for the next week ~


Sunday was spent lounging on the beach reading, relaxing, and enjoying the view.  The skies were sunny and the drinks were cold!  


Mid-afternoon we loaded our stuff in the beach wagon and returned to the condo.  We got cleaned up and cooled down just in time for happy hour, which we enjoyed on our balcony.  We had packed a bottle of 1800 Black Cherry Margaritas we had picked up at Sam's and had chilling in the frig.  Have you tried this stuff?  I hadn't before this trip.  It might just become a staple at our house!  It is good!


We had planned on taking a stroll on the beach and the timing was perfect to catch the sunset.  So beautiful and a great way to wrap up a blissful day!



1 comment:

  1. Those beach views look heavenly! I think you might have packed more for your beach trip than we did for our entire family! LOL. We were so lucky we stayed at a house that even had beach towels, coolers, chairs, a beach tent, etc. Enjoy your vacation and I am going to keep my eye out for Thelma's.

    ReplyDelete