Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - September 3, 2021

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Five on Friday - September 3, 2021

Happy Friday!  This was the first week back to work after vacation and, boy did it kick my butt!  I'm so thankful it's a three-day weekend.  As soon as my workday is over I'm spending some time doing nothing but relaxing.  Before that happens, let me share my five for today ~

1.  Labor Day
Monday is Labor Day!  As excited as I am to have a holiday weekend, I'm equally sad to know that summer is coming to an end.  It seems like as soon as Labor Day is over, summer is in the rear-view mirror.  On a positive note - Eric's new job allows him to be off all three days with me for the first time I can remember.  He would typically have to work at least part of the holiday weekend, so I am very thankful that has changed.  Now I just need to figure out what we're going to do!


2.  Pumpkin Spice Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Get ready - starting September 6 (that's Monday) Krispy Kreme will be selling their Pumpkin Spice doughnuts.  I know, let the pumpkin spice craze begin.  Krispy Kreme is doing things a little differently this year though.  They will have three fall flavors - pumpkin spice, apple cider, and maple.  The twist is they will be only selling one flavor at a time.  So if you are dying to have the pumpkin spice, they will only be around from September 6 until September 12.   Apple Cider Glaze will be sold September 13 through September 19 followed by maple glaze September 20 through 26.  I think they've figured out how to keep you coming back!


3.  Worth
The movie Worth, starring Michael Keaton, opens this weekend and it's definitely on my list to see.  Here's the summary from Rotten Tomatoes ~
Following the horrific 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, Congress appoints attorney and renowned mediator Kenneth Feinberg (Michael Keaton) to lead the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund. Assigned with allocating financial resources to the victims of the tragedy, Feinberg and his firm's head of operations, Camille Biros (Amy Ryan), face the impossible task of determining the worth of a life to help the families who had suffered incalculable losses. When Feinberg locks horns with Charles Wolf (Stanley Tucci), a community organizer mourning the death of his wife, his initial cynicism turns to compassion as he begins to learn the true human costs of the tragedy.

Remember The Girl on the Train?  The author of that book, Paula Hawkins, just released a new book titled A Slow Fire Burning.  I'm adding this one to my fall reading list!  Here's the summary from Amazon ~
With the same propulsion that captivated millions of readers worldwide in The Girl on the Train and Into the Water, Paula Hawkins unfurls a gripping, twisting story of deceit, murder, and revenge.

When a young man is found gruesomely murdered in a London houseboat, it triggers questions about three women who knew him. Laura is the troubled one-night-stand last seen in the victim’s home. Carla is his grief-stricken aunt, already mourning the recent death of yet another family member. And Miriam is the nosy neighbor clearly keeping secrets from the police. Three women with separate connections to the victim. Three women who are – for different reasons – simmering with resentment. Who are, whether they know it or not, burning to right the wrongs done to them. When it comes to revenge, even good people might be capable of terrible deeds. How far might any one of them go to find peace? How long can secrets smolder before they explode into flame?

Look what you started.

5.  This was definitely me on the vacation I just got home from!


Have a wonderful weekend!  I honestly have no idea what we are doing, but I'm sure we'll come up with something fun!  See you next week.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is me packing for every vacation ever! LOL. That movie sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete