Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - August 26, 2022

Friday, August 26, 2022

Five on Friday - August 26, 2022

It's Friday!  I was away from home for work most of this week and I'm glad to be facing a few days to get caught up.  Let me kick off the weekend by sharing my five for today ~

1.  National Dog Day
You've probably noticed your Facebook feed filled with dogs today.  It's because today is National Dog Day!  Even though we don't currently have a dog as a pet, we still carry fond memories of when we did.  If you're looking for a dog companion, please remember there are hundreds of dogs available in shelters ready for adoption.

2.  The Good Boss
There's a movie out today that I'm adding to our to-be-watched list.  It's called The Good Boss.  I haven't seen much about it, but the previews look good.  It's playing in a few theaters around St. Louis so maybe we'll try to get to one this weekend.  Here's the summary ~
Bardem stars as the charismatic Blanco, a proprietor awaiting the imminent visit from a committee that will decide if they merit a local Business Excellence award. Working against the clock, Blanco pulls out all the stops to address and resolve issues with his employees, crossing every imaginable line in the process. A biting dark comedy, THE GOOD BOSS is a portrait of depersonalization and the deterioration of labor relations, a landscape of a time in which outdated concepts such as solidarity, ethics or the common good seem to have been erased from the employment map, only to be replaced by the logic of profit and precariousness.

3.  Swiss Dot Smocked Mini Dress
Last weekend I was going to a bridal shower and I wanted something new to wear.  The problem was I had no time to go shopping, so I turned to Amazon.  I found this dress and with Prime, it was on my doorstep in two days.  It was great!  Several people complimented me on this little number and I can't wait to wear it again.


4.  Reminder...
Kids are going back to school.  Be on the lookout for those school buses that are carrying our precious cargo.



5.  Can you relate?

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  I'm hoping to spend some time curled up on the couch doing nothing.  Eric and I are also going to be at Target in Fenton, Missouri on Saturday morning giving away samples of Thelma's ice cream sandwiches (best ice cream sandwiches in the world!).  See you next week!

1 comment: