Penny's Passion: Weekending - July 29, 2022

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Weekending - July 29, 2022

We sent July off with a final weekend of fun.  Here's the rewind ~

Friday night we crashed on the couch with takeout as soon as we got home.  It had a full week and we were ready to do nothing.  We started watching the Hulu series called The Dropout and binge-watched until way past our normal bedtime.  Have you seen this show?  It's the story of Elizabeth Holmes and her rise, and fall, from fame.  Amanda Seyfried earned her first Emmy nomination for her role as Elizabeth and I can totally understand why.  She did an amazing job!


Saturday morning I spent some time getting ready for my niece to be's shower that was coming up on Sunday.  I love showing up with a pretty wrapped gift!


The afternoon was spent at a friend's house enjoying her pool with other friends from our church group.  Not a single picture was snapped!  The hostess had a delicious spread of food for lunch and then we floated around in her pool catching up.  It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

That evening we caught the most spectacular sunset from our patio.  Great ending to a wonderful day!


Sunday was my niece to be's shower and it was lovely!  We are so excited to be welcoming Kristian into our family!




My dress is from Amazon.  I picked this up at the beginning of summer for a rehearsal dinner and it's become my go-to dress.  It's been washed several times and still looks as good as the day it arrived.  Maybe it's time for me to get it in one of the other many colors it comes in!




Sunday night we finished The Dropout and got ready for the week ahead.  It's hard to believe we are in August already!  Hope you were able to end July on a high note!  

No comments:

Post a Comment